Job Number: 70096
Pay Rate: $72.40 Hourly OT40
Contract - 4/10-1st Shift*
Pay Rate: $ 72.40/Hr.
Benefits: expenses, medical, dental, vision, 401K
US Person or US Citizenship Required
Clearance: Interim Secret
Basic Qualifications: Components Engineer
- BS or MS technical degree with 6-8 years’ experience.
- Prior experience in Component Engineering.
- Must be proficient with computer tools such as MS Excel.
- Should be comfortable working in a team environment and willing to shadow Senior Components Engineer at the start of the assignment to develop the necessary skills for this position.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills and able to effectively work with manufacturers and other external part suppliers.
- Ability to travel to both the customer and supplier locations.
Job Description: Components Engineer
Our client is seeking an Electrical, Electronic and Electro-mechanical (EEE) Components Engineer to join our Hardware Engineering Team reporting to our Grand Prairie, TX site.
The Components Engineer will be responsible for physical properties analysis processes, and the lifecycle monitoring of EEE components from component fabrication to product used by our customer.
- handle several tasks at once and interface with Government Customer (in meetings and through presentations), manufacturers, and test houses.
- The engineer will have the opportunity to:
- produce documents and drawings, process engineering requirements, handle issues relating to new component releases and qualification, manage component related failures analysis, handle component non-compliances, manage
- program prohibited items (such as pure tin), and will mitigate risks of procurement of counterfeit parts and utilize lifecycle management.
- perform or contribute to trade studies and testing for new designs or for obsolescence replacement.
- coordinate with suppliers and manufacturers on their new releases, roadmaps, and end-of-life for their components.
- support Manufacturing and Quality engineers with technical issues and verification of handling components.
- work closely with Design Engineers on selecting approved and reliability components.
- provide technical guidance to the program and managers regarding components qualification, performance, risks, and or specifications.
Desired Skills: Components Engineer
- This position requires periodic travel to both the customer and supplier locations.
- We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
- Contributes to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard material, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of products or components.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the acceptability of components.
- Must be willing to accept a wide variety of work assignments supporting the total end-to-end process of capturing, designing, developing, testing, manufacturing, and life-cycle support of electronic systems.
- Responsible for the performance of detailed part level obsolescence management consisting of monitoring BOM’s, solving issues, scheduling, and managing implementation of fixes, finding new sources, and reacting and solving issues to ensure no production line stoppages.
- Candidate will work closely with design engineers, interface with other functional areas and vendors, and enforce PMPCP Compliance.
- The candidate will periodically be required to make presentations to program management and customers.
- Experience in electrical component manufacturing process and physical property analysis.
- Experience in Components Engineering with knowledge of electronic components and devices.
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering experience (such as components or digital/analog design).
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.