Job Number: 69878
Pay Rate: 31.90
Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Windsor Locks CT
Contract - 1st shift, 5/40
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Pay Rate: $48.50/Hr.
Benefits: medical, dental. 401K
US Citizenship Required
This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASAs regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce
Description/Primary Responsibilities: Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Required Education & Experience: Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
- The responsibilities include working on the manufacturing of highly complex assemblies for Space and Sea, such as heat exchangers, pumps, fans, and pressurized accumulators.
- This position will be responsible for determining mechanical manufacturing methods for hardware and ensuring that the processes are available.
- Candidate will create manufacturing assembly documentation, concept tools and provide technical assistance to assemble high quality, high engineered hardware for use in Life support and Thermal control applications as well as to the external suppliers.
- Will support failure investigations, determine root cause of failure, and implement corrective actions and disposition of non-conforming hardware, all in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Determine and create the sequence of larger and more complex operations and installations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes, including disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
- Candidate must ensure processes and procedures comply with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety requirements as well as all the applicable quality requirements.
- Identifies opportunities or implements changes, on a need basis, to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials, and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources.
- Must be able to perform cost estimates, work to schedules, and write procedures and policies.
- Must be able to review drawings and concepts and resolve producibility concerns, such as providing recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- Must be able work well in an integrated product development team and design environment.
- Candidate will present to senior management on various topics, be involved with, and implement additional initiatives, such as ACE, Process Certification, Manufacturing Process Reviews, Lean Manufacturing and EH&S projects.
- Candidate must possess a positive attitude and be able to communicate well within an integrated product development team, staff and management.
Preferred Qualifications: Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelors degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations, OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience
- Familiarity with a modeling and/or design package such as Creo is desired.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, machining concepts and special processing such as welding and brazing, is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods and demonstrated use of their tools, such as Shainen Red X, Taguchi Design of Experiment, Dmaic, Ishikawa and Fault Tree Analysis is desirable.
- Experience with a MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system is desirable.
- Previous experience in Life Support and/or Thermal Control hardware is highly desirable.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.