Job Number: 68046
Pay Rate: $38/hr.
JOB DESCRIPTION: System Engineer
REQUIRED SKILLS: System Engineer
- Our client is one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 company. We are hiring an Associate Systems Diagnostics Engineer to assist with our combat vehicle programs for evaluating design changes and modifications for diagnostics implications and recommending improvements where feasible.
- In this role, you will interact closely with lead diagnostics engineers and design engineers.
- Potential programs to support include: Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV), Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV), and the recovery vehicle (M88). The Associate Systems Diagnostics Engineer:
- Uses engineering and scientific principles, logic, and defined procedures, to complete tasks in straightforward situations with supervision.
- Performs basic engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project.
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies basic engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a limited portion of a technical project.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Performs basic technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relations with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions of limited complexity.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
SKILLS PREFERRED: System Engineer
- Entry level knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Familiarity with current computer applications (Microsoft Office) and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to solve basic technical design and development problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems.
EDUCATION: System Engineer
- Ability to evaluate requirements for diagnostics impact to a system.
- Ability to review and evaluate electrical circuit diagrams.
- Ability to analyze system and subsystem designs for diagnostics deficiencies and recommend potential corrective action.
- Ability to develop strategies, testing, and analysis methods for complex problems.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting on electrical/electronic and computer assemblies at a sub-system and system level using the most effective method.
- Ability to conduct diagnostics analyses to include diagnostics modeling, test logic, failure analysis, etc.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: System Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Software Engineering) or equivalent experience as a substitution for education.
- Shift: 9/80
- OT Expected: yes
- Travel: yes, 5%
- Per diem Eligible: no
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.