Job Number: 66814
Aircraft Mechanic (Apache or Blackhawk Experience preferred)
We currently have a need in Jacksonville, FL for an Aircraft Technician. Please call or email me if you’re interested. I included my contact information and job description below.
Job Title: Aircraft Technician
- The Aircraft Technician is involved in the disassembly, repair, overhaul, modification, alignment, assembly, and diagnostic checks of mechanical operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform operational diagnostics of complete trainer systems, analysis of results, disassembly, repair, overhaul, modification, systems tie-in, synchronization of systems and final operation and inspection of completed system for conformation to specifications.
- Disassemble and inventory mechanical components and systems.
- Use engineering drawings, schematics and technical directives to fabricate subsystems or units as required.
- Assemble subsystems or units into overall system, aligning and synchronizing as required to make an operational trainer or related product.
- Troubleshoot the complete system or units, analyze, repair and make corrections to perform final operational checks for system conformance to specifications.
- Utilize common hand tools, calibrated tools, and approved power tools as needed such as screwdrivers, wrenches, torques wrenches, micrometers, calipers, protractors, gages, special fixtures, and holding devices.
- Remove or install components to facilitate mechanical, surface or structural repairs.
- Rework components such as hydraulic/pneumatic actuators, valve assemblies and hydraulic pumps by installing modification kits or replacing defective parts and/or hardware.
- Inspect or test installed units, parts, systems, or assemblies for fit, alignment, performance, defects, or compliance with standards, using measuring instruments or test equipment.
- Adjust, repair, rework, or replace parts and assemblies to eliminate malfunctions and to ensure proper operation.
- Position and align subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments and following blueprint lines and index points.
- Assemble prefabricated parts to form subassemblies.
- Clean, oil, or coat system components as necessary before assembly or attachment.
- Join structural assemblies, such as wings, tails, or fuselage. Align and fit structural assemblies manually, or signal crane operators to position assemblies for joining.
- Determine the nature and extent of repairs to be made using applicable Technical Manuals (TMs) as guidelines.
- Must be capable of safely handling government furnished equipment and materials.
- Must be available to work a standard weekly schedule with overtime as required.
- Available for short term travel to complete work off site.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Three (3) years related experience required.
- Experience with aircraft mechanical, airframe/structural, hydraulic and pneumatic systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of aerodynamics relating to fixed or rotary wing aircraft or missiles.
- Knowledge of the mechanical, airframe/structural, hydraulic and pneumatic systems of all surface controlled elements of operational aircraft.
- Knowledge of hydraulic fluid actuator systems, emergency air systems, air conditioning and heating systems, integrated mechanical control systems, main drive systems, gear boxes, engines, landing gear systems, and airframe rigging systems.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, drive systems, power plants, linkage controls.
- Working knowledge of metals, fabrics, plastics, compounds and lubricants, ship equipment such as drill presses, lathers, buffing machines, hydraulic test stands, etc., hand tools and measuring devices such as micrometers, dial indicators, plug, torque and thread gages.
- Must be able to read and interpret written directives, engineering drawings, retain memory of specifications and tolerances and have enough dexterity to prevent damage to serviceable parts during rework.
- Must be skilled in operational diagnostic analysis of integrated aircraft systems as simulated in trainer systems.
- Must be skilled in disassembly, repair, overhauls, modification, assembly, and synchronization of system and operational checkout of completed system.
- Ability to troubleshoot highly sophisticated automated multi-integrated systems for flight control, armament, safety, emergency and landing systems.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, technical directives and schematics.
- Knowledge of hand tools and calibrated tools used in assembly and testing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Pay rate range:
JOB DESCRIPTION EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.