Job Number: 68719
CNC Machine Operator
Location: Windsor, CT
Salary: $50,000 – to - $61,000/per year
Benefits: Medical coverage, dental, 401K
Responsibilities: CNC Machine Operator
- Set-up and operate manual and CNC lapping and honing, grinders or OD-ID grinders with minimal supervision and achieve accuracies measured in millionths.
Qualifications: CNC Machine Operator
- Able to set-up and operate manual and CNC lapping and honing, grinders or OD-ID grinders with minimal supervision and achieve accuracies measured in millionths. Setting-up and operate tool room equipment including Studer, Jig Bore and Jig Grinding Machines
- Must have the ability to read and follow set-up sheets, operation sheets, blueprints, programs and/or drawings.
- Meet production deadlines by following manufacturing schedules and procedures.
- Able to follow and instruct on machining set-ups and operating principles.
- Be able to troubleshoot and offer suggestions on how to resolve machining concerns.
- Familiarity with the use of a variety of machinist’s hand fools and precision measuring instruments.
- Able to make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks and scribes’ dimensions and reference points.
- Able to set and use all standard measuring instruments including Micro Hite.
- Maintain a safe working environment by utilizing safety applications and keeping all work areas clean.
- Contribute to the team effort by maintaining a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent. Technical or vocational training desired.
- 3-5 years’ operating multiple manufacturing machines, including honing, lapping, CNC lathe, mill drill, grinding machine, CNC mill machine and deburring. Experience with tool room machining desired.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with substantial acquaintance with and understanding of technical aspects of the job.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructions, the ability to concentrate and the ability to work as part of a team and get along with others.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to attention to detail.