Job Number: 66023
Composite Manufacturing Engineer
This company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense, strategic systems, tactical systems, and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. We are seeking experienced Composite Manufacturing Engineers (senior or specialist level) to work at our Huntsville, (AMF) which is our inert manufacturing facility for fabrication and assembly of advanced composite rocket motor hardware. Manufacturing Engineering team members specify, develop and transition manufacturing processes from development to production.
This is a small dynamic team that requires motivated, self-starting individuals with hands-on experience. Manufacturing Engineers lead process management activities and create associated documentation for their assigned processes. They must be able to follow company procedures and requirements for the manufacture of advanced, man-rated, and high value aerospace hardware. These positions may specialize in insulation (rubber) layup, compression molding and cure operations or specialize in composite machining and cutting processes.
- 9/80 schedule providing for longer weekends. Annual week-long holiday company closure, plus company paid holidays.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start plus separate sick allowance.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, and Wellness Prepare for the Future - 401(k) with company match
- Professional Development – Tuition assistance program, Employee recognition program, and Leadership development program Employee Resource Groups- Local and Enterprise employee-led volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to support a culture where everyone belongs
- 60% - Plan, develop, initiate, and maintain processes for the fabrication of advanced composite parts. Create detailed work instructions, procedures, PFMEAs, and JSAs that meet design, process, quality, safety, and environmental requirements. Provide shop floor support of advanced composite manufacturing processes.
- 30% - Provide technical guidance and/or training to shop floor, design, and management teams. Analyze engineering drawings and specifications in support of developing robust and advanced part and tooling designs. Interface with all the related support groups for processes to ensure accuracy, control and safety of the personnel and quality of the hardware.
- 5% - Perform investigations of nonconforming hardware and implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- 5% - Present fabrication processes at customer readiness reviews and present process changes to customers at change board meetings.
At least 5 years of related experience
EEO Statement: Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Salary Range: $108,000 - $113,000 per year
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens without Dual Citizenship **
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.