Job Number: 67644
Engineer Sr - Controls
Minneapolis MN* -Contract
Pay Rate: $57.99
*Starting out 100% onsite. After acclimation, 50% hybrid (must be local/relo)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Engineer Sr - Controls
SKILLS: Engineer Sr - Controls
- Performs controls design on a variety of equipment including electrically, hydraulically, and pneumatically operated systems.
- Conducts analysis to translate system requirements into controller performance requirements.
- Creates, with use of modeling tools, detailed linear and nonlinear dynamic models of the mechanism to be controlled, the sensors employed, and servo drive used to move the mechanism.
- Performs simulation and linear analysis using models to develop the control algorithm, select sensors and size actuators.
- Performs hardware in the loop analysis to verify the control models and tuning of control algorithms.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Creates, plans, and performs complex engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks for a portion of a project or may lead these activities for a small project.
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies wide range of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a complex portion of a technical project.
- Applies broad knowledge of the design of organization's products, technology, systems interactions to solve complex engineering problems which have not been clearly defined and may not have similar precedents available.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Delivers technical presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve complex engineering problems, using specialized equipment, and/or by creating or using computer programs, models, or simulations.
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations, and solutions to internal and external customers.
- Provides input and status to project leaders on technical content, cost, schedule, and workload requirements. Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to resolve complex technical problems and implement solutions.
- Provides technical review and guidance to other engineers in area of expertise.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Advises management on new development and programs.
- May direct the work of less senior technical personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
SKILLS PREFERRED: Engineer Sr - Controls
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical results to customers.,
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Engineer Sr - Controls
- Specialized technical knowledge of relevant military and commercial design standards.
- Certain positions may require specialized technical knowledge.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Engineer Sr - Controls
- B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience plus 5 years relevant experience; or
- M.S. degree and 3 years experience; or
- Ph.D. in a relevant technical discipline.
EDUCATION: Engineer Sr - Controls
- Certain positions may require a specific technical degree or prefer a M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
- Prefer engineering experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Engineer Sr - Controls
- B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Shift: 9/80
- OT Expected: no
- Travel: yes
- Per diem Eligible: no
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.