Job Number: 67892
Position: Database Administrator
Pay Rate$ 72/hr - Std shift
Location: Nashua NH
JOB DESCRIPTION: Database Administrator
SKILLS: Database Administrator
- Our client is seeking a senior level Database Administrator to install, upgrade, patch, tune, and support Oracle databases supporting evolving applications.
- Additionally, the candidate must have extensive performance evaluation experience.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience with managing and supporting Oracle databases.
- The candidate should be a self-starter, have excellent communication skills and work seamlessly in a team environment as well as independently.
- The candidate must be willing and able to successfully obtain National Security Clearance.
SKILLS PREFERRED: Database Administrator
- Extensive experience with Oracle 19c, 18c, 12c, and 11g Architecture and database infrastructure design
- Extensive experience with Oracle Multitenancy including the management and maintenance of Container and Pluggable databases
- Experience automating, scripting and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy utilizing Unix shell scripting or other scripting tools
- Ability and experience with the development of processes and procedures to standardize Database installations and configuration
- Extensive experience in the art of performance tuning, utilizing OEM or third party tools to finely tune objects and partitions, advanced stats gathering as well as comprehensive understanding of Oracle 19c and 18c optimizer behavior and Oracle 19c new features, etc.
- Extensive experience with scheduling and utilizing ASH/AWR/ADDM reports and taking corrective actions
- Extensive experience with implementation and maintenance of Disaster Recovery environments using Data Guard
- Extensive experience with Solaris, Red Hat Linux, and Windows Operating Systems
- Comprehensive understanding of Oracle backup methodologies, their implementation via GUI as well as scripts.
- Experience with setup and scheduling of RMAN backups as well as successful database restores
- Experience with the development of architectural and functional process diagrams for Oracle database services
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills
- Ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Have a 'Can-do' attitude and be proactive and resourceful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Database Administrator
- Oracle OCP or OCM Certification
- Experience in disk array storage solutions, preferably NetApp
- Experience in Backup / Recovery solutions, preferably CommVault
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- 18+ Years with HS;
- 14+ Years with AA;
- 10+ Years with BS or Higher