Position Type: Design and Analysis Engineer
Location: St. Charles, MO
Hourly rate: $65.62
Contractor benefits: Medical, vision, Dental, 401k
Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
The position is in a fast paced, innovative environment that necessitates excellent technical and organizational leadership, professional written and spoken communication, and active listening. You will interact with subject matter experts, customers, and industry partners in a collaborative multi-engineering environment and manage suppliers.
* Develop requirements and design for the Vehicle Management System (VMS)/Mission Computer.
* Design interfaces to other avionics components.
* Develop system and subsystem models in a model-based system engineering framework.
* Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture and interface specifications.
* Work with security and Anti-Tamper teams to satisfy program requirements.
* Work with software team to satisfy program requirements.
* Provide technical coordination with external suppliers and customers.
* Develop and validate requirements for complex sensor systems and components.
This position is expected to be fully onsite in Saint Charles, MO.
Travel may be required up to 10% of the time; domestically depending on business needs.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* A Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, electrical/electronics, aerospace, computer science, mathematics, or physics.
* 3+ years of experience integrating and managing electrical and avionics hardware or subsystems.
* 3+ years of experience in systems engineering performing system architecture development, systems integration, or hardware and software design and analysis.
* 3+ years of supplier management experience.
* Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) systems or coursework in RF theory.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Experience with Weapon Systems.
* Experience with MIL-STD-1553| MIL-STD-1760 | MIL-STD-461 | MIL-STD-810.
* MBSE/CAMEO experience.
* Familiarity with Open Architecture Concepts/Modularity/WOSA.
* Experiencing Managing Supplier and Customer relationships.
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Full Time/Part Time/On Call: Full time
Start Time: 7:30 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM
Does this position require a US person for purposes of Export Compliance? Yes
Must be U.S. Person for purposes of Export Compliance.