Job Number: 68148
Pay Rate: $165K-200K/year.
Director - Medical
Summary of Position Responsibility:
This position is responsible for a team in execution of global and regional category specific projects and will partner with Marketing Category Directors to develop a global product strategy including a robust R&D project pipeline fulfilling market and customer needs with a competitive new product portfolio.
This role will work closely with the R&D leadership team, cross-functional leadership teams, the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and across the Medical and Industrial groups to drive and improve end-to-end innovation strategy, portfolio, execution, and timely product launches. The role will lead the R&D organization through mapping of the current Medical and Industrial state, and identification of opportunities and challenges and build an integrated roadmap to strengthen strategic alignment and improve executional effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Director - Medical
- Leads R&D category teams:
- Oversee team of managers, engineers, and technicians in execution of global and regional Industrial and Medical projects following stage gate development process.
- Support team development, constantly assessing capabilities, managing performance outcomes and attracting the best talent.
- Lead all aspects of organizational talent development in critical execution skills (e.g. governance, project management and Design To Value) across all leadership and professional levels.
- Drives strategic alignment:
- Partner with cross functional leadership teams and ELT to align to strategy, vision, mission, and innovation goals.
- Understand the global Medical and Industrial category dynamics and key players from a consumer standpoint as well as the key elements of the value creation chain.
- Ensure clarity of role in driving the future strategy.
- Improves portfolio health and decision-making:
- Maintain a clear and realistic project pipeline having a revenue potential consistent with market growth objectives.
- Lead regular Project Review Board meetings to review projects and ensure alignment & support between R&D, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Engineering, Procurement, and Operations.
- Enhance front-end process and capabilities to identify and deliver new pipeline opportunities from both market driven and customer driven opportunities.
- Improves portfolio decision-making and trade-offs to ensure the company is collectively selecting and fully resourcing the most impactful opportunities in Industrial and Medical.
- Responsible for driving process and approach for unmet need identification and value assessment.
- Increases Effectiveness of New Product Development for Industrial and Medical projects:
- Map the current state New Product Innovation (NPI) process for Medical and Industrial, governance, skills, and culture and identifies the most impactful opportunities to drive improvements to NPI effectiveness.
- Identify the most critical metrics to track NPI performance and measure improvement, resulting from change initiatives.
- Leads critical change initiatives to improve the agility and rigor of new product development leading to validated improvement in target metrics.
- Drives a Culture of Innovation and Executional Excellence:
- Drive cultural change in partnership with ELT, Marketing, R&D leadership teams and cross functional teams to increase engagement and business results.
- Enhance transparency, connectivity, empowerment, and simplification across the organization.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of R&D Leadership team
- Effectively plans and manages timelines and budget
- Builds and maintains relationships at all levels throughout the organization, including peers
Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Director - Medical
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position
Knowledge & Experience (Minimum Job Qualifications): Director - Medical
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 15 years of proven related leadership and progressive business experience, preferably in Medical Devices, Engineered Consumer Healthcare Products.
- 7 years of experience in leading and managing others, preferably in a global capacity with a multi-cultural mindset.
- Experience in a premier multinational company known for R&D best practices as well as smaller company experience is desirable.
- B2B engineered materials innovation and product development experience in a sales and marketing driven company.
- Surgical knowledge is a plus.
- Must possess strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Strong project management and change leadership skills are required.
- Solid collaboration skills, within complex environments is required.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills, sound judgement, and ability to effectively influence decision-making.
- Strong business acumen with understanding of the financial implications of new product development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbally and written).
- Collaborative, team-orientated, adept with key stakeholder management.
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Ability to travel up to 20%, both domestically and internationally.
PERKS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM: Director - Medical
We truly value our employees. We strive to support each and every employee by providing a safe and healthy work environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and opportunities for professional and personal growth. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and generous time-off designed to meet the needs of our workforce. Advancement and growth opportunities are offered and encouraged to all employees.
Health and Welfare Benefits: Director - Medical
Medical and Prescription Coverage (HSA and HRA Options)
Flexible Spending Accounts
Award Winning Wellness and Incentive Program
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Retirement Savings Plan Director - Medical
401(k) Saving Plan with generous 5.5% Company match and Immediate Vesting
Time-Off Benefits Director - Medical
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Paid Parental Leave
13 Paid Company Holidays
Other Benefits and Programs Director - Medical
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Financial Wellness Benefit – Smart Dollar®
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Resource Groups
Charitable or Educational Matching Gift Program
Employee Referral Bonus Program
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.