Job Number: 66869
Primary Purpose of Role:
- The Environmental Health and Safety standards and programs across the business.
Key Performance Measures:
- Supports the EHS Coordinator in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Doncasters Certified Alloy Products Inc Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with Federal, state, and Local regulatory requirements.
- Monitors environmental compliance issues and provides assistance with workplace safety matters. Performs and/or oversees environmental monitoring for facility discharges, storm water management and other environmental related permits. Performs routine industrial and hazardous waste management activities such as waste inventories, vendor scheduling and waste haul oversight, and manifest tracking and filing.
- Conducts investigations and root cause analysis and may make resolution recommendations. Implements corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement activities as directed. Maintains various reporting systems and provides safety analysis as required.
- Assists in job hazard assessments by participating in processes and procedures and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in EHS site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the developing and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results of audit activities.
- Maintains EHS files and records. Modifies and implements compliance tracking programs and recordkeeping systems.
- Assists in the development of technical documents including EHS procedures, programs, and guidance documents.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Coordinates with others for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently and effectively.
- Assists in maintaining, updating and coordinating college-wide EHS training programs including setup and use of training management system.
- Participates in college and EHS committee meetings. Attends meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- May respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
- Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to use test equipment, such as multi-gas meter, indicator tubes, pH meter/paper.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to draw conclusions and recommend courses of action.
- Ability to develop and deliver EHS training material for various personnel.
- Some familiarity with local, state, and federal codes as they apply to security and life safety equipment.
- Familiarity with employee exposures and air/waste/water compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate environmental health and safety related risks.
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of EHS policy and management system, the importance of confirming to EHS policies and procedures, and consequences of failing to comply with EHS policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EHS risks and impacts of work activities and the benefits of improving EHS performance.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of calibration equipment, blueprints, schematics, and precision measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of safe work behaviors and interpretation of EHS data.
JOB DESCRIPTION EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.