Position Type: Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer
Location: Tukwila, WA
Hourly rate: $90.36
Contractor benefits: Medical, vision, Dental, 401k
Within BR&T, Boeings Solid State Electronics Development organization (SSED) performs microelectronics technology development for aerospace systems.
Within BR&T, Boeings Solid State Electronics Development organization (SSED) performs microelectronics technology development for aerospace systems. SSED develops digital, analog, and RF Systems on Chip (SoCs) for radar, navigation, electronic warfare, communications, processing, and other electronic functions. These systems are used on Boeing airborne, terrestrial, and satellite platforms. Designs are implemented with state-of-the-art semiconductor process technologies including CMOS, GaAs, GaN, and SiGe. SSED uses external wafer fabrication services but executes the whole design flow in-house (architecture definition, circuit design, RTL, synthesis, physical layout, verification, packaging and testing). SSED owns numerous microelectronics projects, funded both by internal Boeing programs and external U.S. Government Science and Technology (S&T) customers. SSEDs large staff of microelectronics engineers conducts research and designs microelectronics hardware in support of these projects.
Currently SSED is actively hiring Analog Mixed Signal Design Engineers for levels P2 to P4, who have expertise Analog Mixed Signal Design or have course work in their MS/PhD in analog, mixed signal and VLSI. The Mixed Signal Design Engineer is expected to contribute to all phases of design and development from requirement definition, initial concepts, and architecture and trade studies, through behavioral modeling, circuit design and layout implementation. Ability to define test plans and contribute testing of the chips in a lab is a plus.
* Design of Mixed-Signal IC macros from specification to tape out, including:
* ADCs/DACs and other signal converters
* DLLs/PLLs and other timing circuits
* High Speed SerDes interfaces
* Analog precision blocks such as Voltage/Current references, Temperature sensors, Signal conditioning channels
* Power Management blocks such as linear or switching regulators
* Specialized design for extreme temperatures, harsh radiation environments, ultra low-power and low-area solutions
* Layout execution and supervision
* Documentation development for design traceability and testing enablement
* Circuit test and characterization in a laboratory environment
* (For P3- P4 and higher) Lead and mentor Junior Engineers
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g., Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience (e.g., PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
. Required Qualifications: # -
Experience in layout of FinFET technologies.
* Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry
* 5+ years of experience in the design/development of Integrated Circuits
* Must have designed and released for fabrication at least one of the Mixed-Signal macros listed under Responsibilities
* Proven ability to derive requirements and complying with specifications in circuits and systems Proficiency in Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and methodologies for Mixed-Signal design Preferred Qualifications:
* Greater than the minimum level of design experience in Analog, Digital, Mixed-Signal, RF domains, or experience designing and/or testing chips in more than one domain.
* Experience with commercial Cadence tools (Virtuoso suite and Spectre simulator products)
* Experience working on large-scale SoC design teams.
* Experience developing Mixed-Signal circuits in state-of-the-art semiconductor fabrication processes (e.g., 7/10/12/14/16nm FinFET CMOS, 22nm FDSOI CMOS, BiCMOS)
* Experience developing Analog/Mixed-Signal ICs for extreme environment applications (e.g., radiation-hardened, extreme low/high temperatures, ultra-long lifetime)
* Experience with development of Analog/Mixed-Signal circuits for hardware security applications
* Experience supporting military radar, communications, electronic warfare, or avionics/mission data processing programs
* Experience organizing and leading teams, including military experience as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer
* Demonstrated track record as a high-performance team member
* Excellent verbal and written communication ability
* Active security clearance
Full Time/Part Time/On Call: Full time
Start Time: 8:00 AM
End Time: 4:30 PM
Does this position require a US person for purposes of Export Compliance? Yes
Requested Security Clearance: Secret
Is Clearance Required to Start? No
Must be U.S. Person for purposes of Export Compliance.