Job Number: 67984
East Syracuse, NY
Manages research, development, design, and testing of electrical components, PC Board Layout, Electronics Packaging equipment, facilities, systems, products and networks for commercial, industrial and governmental purposes.
High-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms.
This person will be responsible for engineering work and applied research, coordinating activities involving the design and development of electronic equipment and devices, and preparing engineering sketches and product information documentation.
Job Responsibilities: Electrical Engineer
- Coordinates and facilitates the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices, ensuring work is completed on time and established quality and budgets are achieved.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks to ensure that business objectives and required specifications are met.
- Prepares engineering sketches or specifications to construct, relocate, or install equipment, facilities, products, or systems.
- Prepares documentation including confidential descriptions or specifications of proprietary hardware or software, information on product development, introduction schedules, product costs, and performance weaknesses to track progress and analyze performance.
- Performs engineering work and applied research, development, and design of new products to ensure quality standards and business objectives are met.
Minimum Qualifications: Electrical Engineer
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical, electronic, mechatronics, computer engineering or equivalent experience with 5+ years of product development experience in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to understand and conduct fundamental electrical troubleshooting Must be proficient with test and measurement tools.
- Proficiency with circuit design tools (Cadence, Altium, or similar ECAD tools).
- Ability to understand and contribute to DFMEA, FMEA, engineering drawings, and other engineering documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
Preferred Qualifications: Electrical Engineer
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Product development experience with high volume electronic products, greater than 10K units per year.
- Experience with robust disciplined quality approaches such as Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO-9001
- Experience with software to test hardware using assembly, C or C++, or other.
- Experience with HVAC Control or automotive design a plus.
- Experience with robust documentation functions in new product development and production support, including the release of engineering artifacts including bill of materials, schematics, and assembly drawings, where documentation control and manufacturing process knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge of quality control principles, business processes, and PLM / PDM principles.
- Experience with statistical analysis of complex data sets and design of experiments (DOE).
- Exposure or experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.