Contract, Contract to Hire
Shift: 1st, 5/40
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Pay Rate: $71.43
Benefits: medical, dental, 401K
Description/Comment: Electrical Engineer
Our client is seeking an electrical engineer to support manufacturing and repair of military electronic systems. The candidate must be able to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and guide the successful completion of major electrical/mechanical subassemblies and final build and/or repair. The candidate should also be able to support multiple projects in a fast-paced team environment.
NOTE: This position is on site daily.
Job responsibilities include: Electrical Engineer
* Answer technical questions from suppliers of electronic components.
* Answer technical questions from technicians on the floor who are repairing electronic components. Help them to troubleshoot the components when necessary.
* Work with test engineers to identify and fix problems with test equipment.
* Review the Bill of Material (BOM) for accuracy prior to release to production or overhaul and repair.
* Develop Manufacturing procedures to assist technicians with assemble/manufacture of products.
* Generate Change Notices or Variances to support design changes required to resolve issues encountered during the manufacture or repair of products.
* Assist in developing Basis of Estimates for future work.
* Integrate new technology into existing manufacturing process to reduces costs.
Required Skills: Electrical Engineer
* Minimum of 6 years full time engineering experience
* Experience in a manufacturing or depot support role working on one or more of the following types of electrical assemblies: circuit card assemblies, power supplies, radar systems, RF transmitter/receiver assemblies.
* Experience writing/editing technical documents
* Experience interpreting engineering drawings and schematics to understand the functionality of the assembly and for troubleshooting test failures
* Experience using basic electronics diagnostic tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers and other types of test equipment to be able to troubleshoot circuits to the component level.
* Able to understand electrical component datasheets and recommend replacements for obsolete parts
* Ability to manage multiple, unrelated tasks in an organized manner
* Experience with common industry and military specifications and standards
* Basic MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Strong technical leadership capabilities, including the ability to lead the resolution of complex technical challenges
* Manufacturing experience with defense-related products
* US Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
Desired Skills: Electrical Engineer
* Expertise in RF systems and airborne radar systems.
* Design experience with defense-related products
* Knowledge of configuration management process
* Experience with Windchill (product data management)
* Knowledge of EVM (Earned Value)
* Experience in developing and maintenance of Engineering Technical Data Packages
* Knowledge of the Production Release Process
* Knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) - SAP PRISM preferred
* Ability to estimate level of effort on projects/tasks for cost and schedule
Education Requirements: Electrical Engineer
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Systems, or related field.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.