Job Number: 66594
Pay Rate: Pay Rate:Â $54.40/Hr.
Pay Rate: $54.40/Hr.
Benefits: overtime, dental, medical, 401K
JOB DESCRIPTION: Electrical Engineer
Our client, one of the world's leading defense contractors is seeking an Electrical Engineer II for our site in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Electrical Engineer II supports the design, development, packaging, testing, and integration efforts of military ground vehicle-hosted high voltage gun drives electrical/electronic control systems hardware.
In this role, the Electrical Engineer II:
SKILLS: Electrical Engineer
- Research, plans, designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates electronic and electrical systems.
- Utilizes advanced modeling and analysis tools to develop product specifications, models, simulations, technical data packages, and integration and verification procedures.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities, technologies, services and their ability to deliver required products or services.
- Recommends design approaches for new or improved products and processes.
- Provides engineering consultation to other technical groups.
- Conducts and supports subsystem and system integration and verification activities, manufacturing and test planning, and failure analysis.
SKILLS PREFERRED: Electrical Engineer
- Experience with Automated Testing Equipment (ATE) and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) hardware and software maintenance, troubleshooting and support a Low voltage and high voltage electronics test planning, execution, and troubleshooting.
- Electronic equipment calibration tracking, planning, and coordination
- Electronics obsolescence re-design and test support
- Versed in creating, reading, and comprehending schematics and interconnect drawings.
- Ability to create and manage interface control documents.
- Organizational skills to successfully manage the release of drawings, author engineering orders, and track changes.
- Experience with work planning (for yourself or others) and data analysis skills
- Ability to operate in cross-functional engineering tasks (electrical, mechanical, systems)
- Effective communication skills to convey data, information, and technical results to customers, verbal and written.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to access and move about a military vehicle during integration, troubleshooting and test activities.
- Able to travel to military test sites to support vehicle testing.,
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Electrical Engineer
- Experience working with and integrating electrical/electronic systems on military ground vehicles.
- Systems Engineering and manufacturing knowledge a plus.
- Working knowledge of EMI/EMC design and qualification principles
- SAEJ1939, CAN Bus, 10/100 and Gigabit Ethernet Protocols and equipment
- Experience using lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzers, CAN bus analyzers, data acquisition) for test and verification.
EDUCATION: Electrical Engineer
- Typically requires 2+ years relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field or 1+ year(s) with a master's degree.
EDUCATION PREFERRED: Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical engineering or related field
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Overtime: yes
- Travel: yes, 10%, Domestic
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.