Job Number: 66336
Position: Electrical Engineer
Location: Sterling Height MI
JOB DESCRIPTION: Electrical Engineer
DUTIES: Electrical Engineer
- Our client, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 company, is seeking an Electrical Engineer II for our Combat Vehicle business.
- The Electrical Engineer supports the design, development, packaging, testing, and integration efforts of military vehicle-hosted electrical/electronic systems and components that ultimately supports the war-fighter. Within electrical engineering, we have positions that focus on design, test and manufacturing support.
- This position will be to provide Hardware/Software Integration Engineering support for a military vehicle.
- The Electrical Engineer will use their Electrical hardware design/test skillset in support of the Software Engineering team.
SKILLS: Electrical Engineer
- Testing embedded software in the vehicle (on actual vehicle hardware) under the supervision of other engineers
- Testing embedded software in the lab both manually and using automated tests
- Troubleshooting issues found while testing
- Provide support to software integration and test activities a Investigate and document software issues a Assist with verifying corrected software issues
SKILLS PREFERRED: Electrical Engineer
- Software Integration, Verification, Test a Ability to write, read, and understand Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) level verification test plans and procedures
- Ability to operate in cross-functional engineering tasks (electrical, software, mechanical, systems).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to convey data, information, and technical results to customers.
- Ability to access and move about a military vehicle during integration, troubleshooting and test activities.,
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Electrical Engineer
- Prior Military Vehicle and/or Military Equipment Integration and Verification Experience
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Electrical Engineer
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in electrical engineering design
- Some prior Software Integration Lab Design and/or Integration Experience
- Experience in generating electrical design technical data packages
- Experience in creating, reading, and comprehending schematics and interconnect drawings.
EDUCATION: Electrical Engineer
- Familiarity with basic tenants of Software Engineering and the software development lifecycle.
- Software development experience or exposure to high level programming languages such as C++, C# and scripting languages is a plus.
- Linux experience
- Experience in vehicle networking protocols tools such as CAN, Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553 and their associated diagnostic tools.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering curriculum (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Embedded Systems, Mechatronics or related engineering field).
100% onsite at Sterling Heights location
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.