Job Number: 67960
Pay Rate: 31.90
Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Windsor Locks, CT - ONSITE
Primary Responsibilities: Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
- This position will be responsible for determining electrical manufacturing methods for hardware and ensuring that the processes are available.
- Candidate will create manufacturing assembly documentation, concept tools and provide technical assistance to assemble high quality, high engineered hardware for use in Life support and Thermal control applications as well as to the external suppliers.
- Will support failure investigations, determine root cause of failure, and implement corrective actions and disposition of non-conforming hardware, all in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Determine and create the sequence of larger and more complex operations and installations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes, including assembly/assembly and repairs to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
- Candidate must ensure processes and procedures comply with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety requirements as well as all the applicable quality requirements.
- Identifies opportunities or implements changes, on a need basis to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials, and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources.
- Must be able to perform cost estimates, work to schedules, and write procedures and policies.
- Must be able to review drawings and concepts and resolve producibility concerns, such as providing recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- Must be able to work well in an integrated product development team and design environment.
- Candidate will present to senior management on various topics, be involved with, and implement additional initiatives, such as ACE, Process Certification, Manufacturing Process Reviews, Lean Manufacturing and EH&S projects.
- Candidate must possess a positive attitude and be able to communicate well within an integrated product development team, staff and management.
Preferred Qualifications: Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
- Familiarity with a modeling and/or design package such as Creo is desired.
- Experience in determining manufacturing methods and writing manufacturing assembly documentation to assemble high quality, highly engineered hardware.
- Background courses in electrical design and/or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and special processing, such as IPC-J-STD-001E/ES, NASA-STD8739.1, and NASA-STD-8739.4
- Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.