Job Number: 69827
Pay Rate: $34.83-$42.83/hr.
Mechanical Engineer 2
Newport News, VA
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Qualifications: Mechanical Engineer 2
2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters
Special Requirements: Mechanical Engineer 2
- ***Potential Hybrid Position***
- Our client requires that candidates must have ability to obtain DoD Confidential Personnel Clearance (PCL) to start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Experience with the overhaul, repair, maintenance, or modernization of propulsion plant machinery and piping systems on US Navy aircraft carriers would be preferred.
- This position could also benefit from experience with similar systems and components on other ships or commercial power plants, such as: steam-driven and/or motor-driven pumps; valves; turbines; generators; diesel and/or steam engines; shafting; propellers; heat exchangers/condensers; distilling and potable water systems; air compressors; and steam, seawater, water, air, and oil piping systems.
- This position will require the ability to troubleshoot and resolve production, installation, and operational problems of complex machinery and systems.
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaison with suppliers, production personnel, ship's force personnel, construction management, program management, Navy oversight personnel, and members within the value stream are essential.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.