Job Number: 68189
Pay Rate: $44-$57.90/hr.
Engineer Planning Analyst 4
Newport News, VA
Prepares and coordinates the plans and schedules for new or existing programs. Determines, monitors, and reviews costs, operational budgets and schedules, and manpower requirements. Supports and participates in negotiations with customer. Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources. Resolves proposal preparation problems and assesses the progress against established plans and parameters. Formulates and recommends corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to: Engineer Planning Analyst 4
- Plays an active role in cross-functional collaboration between PPPY engineering and supply chain organizations and drive discussions for addressing material concerns and implementing process improvement opportunities as appropriate.
- Engages with Supply Chain Management to support expediting and problem solving efforts to drive increased material availability for PPPY cognizant systems, components, and subcontractors.
- Collects data/ information and compiles presentations as needed to support communication efforts for key topics of concern up to the senior leadership level.
- Empowered to lead the team in the day to day activities, mentor, and train junior program management analysts on the team.
- Acts as managers POC in supporting the team and program when necessary.
Qualifications: Engineer Planning Analyst 4
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years of experience. Masters Degree and 8 years of experience.
Equivalency: 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelors degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelors degree. An Apprentice Certificate or graduation from Navy Nuclear Power School can be substituted for Bachelors degree.
Special Requirements: Planning Analyst 4
- **HYBRID POSITION... in-office 3 days, offsite 2 days** **
- Potential PERMANENT position offered, pending mutually positive experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- 10 or more years of business, business analytics, data analytics, project management, or other related experience.
- Supply Chain Experience.
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Word.
- Ability to use selected functions in Excel spreadsheets is required (AVERAGE, MEDIAN, STDEV.P, MAX, MIN, SUM).
- Ability to read and write Excel statements in spreadsheet cells and to construct histograms and X-Y scatter plots from spreadsheet data.
- Ability to construct VLOOKUP functions and PivotTables.
- Direct Supply Chain experience with Navy products, subcontract material, and subcontract services.
- Experience with Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program or Naval Fleet activities, work, and overall business.
- Experience using SAP.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to problem solve in a time constrained environment.
- Our client requires that candidates must have an active/current DoD Secret Personnel Clearance (PCL) to start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.