VA - Radford Radford Army Ammunition Plant (VA300),
VA - Radford Radford Army Ammuni
Job Number: 68615
Pay Rate: $86.98
Client Contract Requires US Citizenship
Pay Rate: $86.99/hour
Location: Radford, VA (On Site)
Mechanical Engineer - JOB DESCRIPTION:
Mechanical Engineer - SKILLS:
- Work with a multi-discipline engineering team to perform plant and project engineering.
- Select construction materials and methods, write specifications, supervise and prepare mechanical drawings, control cost, and manage work to meet project schedules. a
- Perform mechanical engineering analyses for one or more of the following: steam systems, hydraulic systems, pumping / piping systems, HVAC systems, machinery design and layout, process cooling and heating systems, storage tank design and construction, vessel design and construction, inspection and repair
- Conduct inspections of existing facilities such as buildings, equipment, and pipelines to determine the integrity and safety.
- Make recommendations concerning any needed modifications.
- Support development of plans and schedules for the construction phase of projects ensuring that materials, equipment, and personnel will be available to meet project schedules
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with plans, specifications, and good construction practices and within cost during the execution phase
- Create detailed project proposals, scopes of work and estimates
- Review and approve design packages from equipment suppliers and design firms providing constructability input
- Execute commissioning plan and maintain documentation as needed Consider safety in all aspects of work and design
Mechanical Engineer - EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University. We may consider a closely related degree
- Typically 6+ years experience in Mechanical engineering and design
- Proficient knowledge of CADD tools (AutoCAD, Pipe Stress Analysis, Vessel Design) for efficient production of engineering work
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as ASME, API codes and Standards Possess clear and concise verbal and written communication skills,
- Typically 6+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering and Design, Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University. We may consider a closely related degree
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.