Job Number: 70739
Pay Rate: $66.11 - $93.51
Position Type: Design Engineer
Location: Westminster Colorado United States
Hourly Range: $66.11 - $93.51
Contractor Benefits: Medical, vision, dental
Senior FPGA Design Engineer / Principal FPGA Design Engineer
What You'll Do
-Design digital hardware including FPGA development for space-based, high reliability electronic systems. Assignments include designs which will include SOC architectures utilizing soft-core processors, digital filters, image processing algorithms, and communication interfaces/protocols.
-Design and implement test fixtures including test plans for both chip-level and board level environments and create reusable circuits that can be utilized across multiple projects.
-Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
-Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
-Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
-Senior FPGA Design Engineer – BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
-Principal FPGA Design Engineer – BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
-Each higher-level degree, i.e., master’s degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
-Digital system partitioning and advanced function implementation in FPGAs. Strong design, documentation and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems are desired.
-Strong electronic circuit design and electronic systems background.
-Strong FPGA and board design skills.
-Expertise in VHDL/Verilog, System Verilog and OVM/UVM, and Modalism/Questa simulator is a plus.
- Experience in developing specifications, cost, schedule, and resource requirements for digital/FPGA designs.
- Familiarity with cPCI, Ethernet, DSP, 1553, VPX, Spacewire or Firewire is a plus.
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics DxD, Hyperlynx for schematic design and SI analysis is a plus.
- Ability to work requirements and flow down for system/subsystem/box/board needs.
- Knowledge of space radiation effects is a plus.
- Familiarity with ASIC tools, libraries, design flow and fabrication are a plus.
- Space or military experience highly desired, but not required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between campuses and other locations may be required.
Must be a U.S. Person for purposes of Export Compliance