Job Number: 69114
Pay Rate: 67/hr
Mechanical Test Engineer
Windsor Locks, CT - onsite
Design, implement, and maintain test processes for Space Systems hardware using lean philosophies and techniques. Take a leadership role in driving action in the development, planning & implementation of timely and effective corrective actions for problems during product manufacturing and testing. This can involve testing, data analysis, and interface with all aspects of the engineering department. Duties include the interpretation/analysis of customer test requirements and subsequent cost estimates to support an appropriate test program. Responsibilities also include daily interface with Program, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering organizations to ensure that customer committed hardware and data deliveries are consistently met.
Typical Duties: Mechanical Test Engineer
Support laboratory testing of Space Station hardware, Develop and validate tooling concepts, Author and maintain operation/test procedures, Preparation of standardized operation/test sheets, Defining test rig and facility requirements, Participation on program Integrated Product Development teams, Review drawings and concepts, and resolve producibility concerns.
Experience: Mechanical Test Engineer
- Experience with advanced instrumentation and data acquisition systems is required.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW desired.
- Experience should also include five years working on the testing of complex mechanical systems, testing of complex mechanical systems, testing of components such as, heat exchangers, pumps, fans, & accumulators.
- Applicant must have the capability of working independently and be self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal are required.
- Ability to proficiently operate common Microsoft Office software products is required.
- Bachelors degree
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.