Job Number: 70910
Pay Rate: Pay Range: $25 - 34/Hour
Grinding Machinist – 1st Shift
Windsor, CT. Full Time Perm.
Pay Range: $25 - 34/Hour.
$2000.00 sign on bonus
- Able to set-up and operate manual OD-ID and surface grinders with minimal supervision and achieve accuracies measured in millionths.
- Must have the ability to read and follow set-up sheets, operation sheets, blueprints, and/or drawings.
- Meet production deadlines by following manufacturing schedules and procedures.
- Able to follow and instruct on machining set-ups and operating principles.
- Be able to troubleshoot and offer suggestions on how to resolve machining concerns.
- Familiarity with the use of a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Able to make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds, measures, marks and scribes’ dimensions and reference points.
- Able to set and use all standard measuring instruments including Micro Hite.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent. Technical or vocational training desired.
- 3-5 years’ operating multiple grinding machine.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with substantial acquaintance with and understanding of technical aspects of the job.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructions, the ability to concentrate and the ability to work as part of a team and get along with others.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to attention to detail.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Meet Your Recruiter
Eastern Regional VP