Job Number: 70755
Pay Rate: Pay Rate:Â $50.74/Hr.
IT Security Representative
Contract - 9/80, 1st Shift
Hours: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Pay Rate: $50.74/Hr.
Benefits: overtime, medical, dental, vision, 401K
US Citizenship Required
Clearance: Active Secret
Requirements: IT Security Representative
• IAM Level I certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements (or ability to obtain certification within 6 months)
• Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
• High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
• Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), and program personnel
• Basic understanding of simple networks, operations systems and computer functions.
• Coursework in a technical discipline (i.e. programming/scripting, systems administration, cybersecurity/information assurance, etc.)
Job Description: IT Security Representative
• Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
• This position will work with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals for various systems by adhering to the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
This position supports cybersecurity efforts throughout the RMF process for one or more assigned programs(s) to include the enforcement of System Security Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), assessing and auditing systems security controls.
The candidate must exercise discretion and independent judgement in performing the following tasks:
• Interpret government and internal company policies, develop and implement security plans and procedures utilizing the new 32 CFR Part 117 National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) as well as any other specific programmatic instruction manuals
• Assist with security reviews to include Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) visits, formal self-inspections, and Staff Assistance Visits (internal audits) of other client facilities
- • Implements policies for the protection of Company Protected Information.
- • Acts as a liaison with the IT department to ensure that all new computer technologies are implemented with the necessary information systems security in place.
- • Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure operating systems and networks.
- • Coordinates information systems security issues with government security representatives.
- • Contains and removes classified data spillage from unclassified systems.
- • Prepares Security Awareness Briefings and Information Systems Security Guides. Conducts Information Systems Security briefings.
• Processing campus document control activities to include oversight for classified documents, proper markings, cover pages, etc.
• Processes classified mailings to include maintaining a system of receipts for classified transmittals.
• Support the fingerprinting process.
• Create and modify badge accounts.
• Conduct and document destruction of classified material in accordance with instructions and facility guidelines.
• Provide support for security awareness and education programs.
• Assist in Conduct annual inventories of accountable materials, documents and media.
• Escorting personnel in the facility.
• Reviewing monthly badge access and activity report
• Performing all badging duties to include creating new badges, replace badges, add access points to badges, deactivate badges and issue badges (new hires, contractors, etc.)
• Issuing Smart Cards
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at the clients facility 100% of the time.
Preferred Skills: IT Security Representative
• Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
• Working knowledge of information security technology
• Working knowledge of information security management and compliance
• Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals).
• Experience with the preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
• Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
• Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC).
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.