Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Contract -9/80, 1st shift
Hours: 8:00am - 5:30pm
Pay Rate: $50.74/Hr.
Benefits: overtime, medical, dental, vision, 401K
US Citizenship Required
Clearance: Active Secret
Requirements: Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
• IAM Level I certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements (or ability to obtain certification within 6 months)
• Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
• High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
• Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), and program personnel
• Basic understanding of simple networks, operations systems and computer functions.
• Coursework in a technical discipline (i.e. programming/scripting, systems administration, cybersecurity/information assurance, etc.)
Job Description: Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications. This position will work with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals for various systems by adhering to the Risk Management Framework (RMF). This position supports cybersecurity efforts throughout the RMF process for one or more assigned programs(s) to include the enforcement of System Security Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), assessing and auditing systems security controls. Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Preferred Skills: Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
• Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
• Working knowledge of information security technology
• Working knowledge of information security management and compliance
• Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals).
• Experience with the preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
• Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
• Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC).
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.