Job Number: 68817
Pay Rate: 25/hr
Inspection & Testing Technician
Part-time (24 hrs per week)
Mon - Wes or Tues - Thurs, 8-hour shifts.
Main functions of this role: Inspection & Testing Technician
- The Inspection & Testing Technician will be responsible for performing routine quality inspections of receiving, in-process and final inspection of mechanical, optical and/or electronic components as well as finished products to ensure meeting material and product specifications before released for production use or shipment to end customers.
- The individual will be responsible for inspection of incoming components, assembled hardware by utilizing various types of precision measurement equipment and devices.
- Under moderate supervision, the candidate is expected to make decisions on acceptance/rejection decisions as well as to report any findings not covered in inspection procedures for further evaluation. The individual will be responsible for following inspection plans or work instructions during inspection. Ability to interpret work instructions (verbal, written, illustration) is essential.
Required Skill Sets: Inspection & Testing Technician
- Applies semi-advanced skills, may adapts new procedures, techniques, and tools, etc.
- 4+ years hands on experience using precision mechanical inspection tools such as X,Y,Z coordinate measurement microscopes, CMM, surface flatness & roughness gauges, micrometers, dial indicators, air gauges, pin gauges, bore gauges, etc.
- Moderate level of knowledge on GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and reading complex drawings to conduct mechanical inspections independently.
- Ability to read and interpret quality & technical specifications detailed in engineering drawings to inspect hardware and to ensure components meeting drawing inspections.
- Able to read, understand, and follow detailed inspection plans and work instructions.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and database software.
Desired Skill Sets: Inspection & Testing Technician
- Relies on moderate experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals
- Solving moderately complex problems
- Understand gauge capability and Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts
- Learn to conduct a First Article Inspection (FAI) review and maintain appropriate records
- Wire bonding and Soldering operations or inspection certification/training is a plus
Qualifications: Inspection & Testing Technician
- 4+ years hands-on experience working in a manufacturing or quality function to perform mechanical inspections using various precision mechanical gages.
- Experience working in clean room environment with ESD and FOD control is a plus.
- High School diploma with a minimum of 4 years inspection & testing experience in manufacturing or laboratory.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.