Job Number: 70911
Pay Rate: Pay Range: $32 - $46/Hour.
Lead Machinist – 2nd Shift
Windsor, CT. Full Time Perm.
Pay Range: $32 - $46/Hour.
$3000 sign On bonus
- Able to set-up and operate manual and CNC milling machines, CNC lathe, engine lathes, surface grinders or OD-ID grinders with minimal supervision. Must be able to set-up and operate tool room equipment and Grinding Machines. Honing, lapping, and EDM experience are beneficial.
- Promote workplace safety and 6s on with the team.
- Hold Tier 1 meetings with the team.
- Work with other team leads and supervisors to assign work for the shift.
- Work with staging, tooling, and gage crib to help kit new jobs.
- Inspect 1st pieces per OP6032 if applicable.
- Perform Layered Process Audits and update tier 1 boards.
- Assist in job set-ups and coach operators when needed.
- Assist supervisor in scheduling overtime.
- Have the ability to read and follow set-up sheets, operation sheets, blueprints, programs and/or drawings.
- Meet production deadlines by following manufacturing schedules and procedures.
- Able to follow and instruct on machining set-ups and operating principles.
- Be able to troubleshoot and offer suggestions on how to resolve machining concerns.
- Familiarity with the use of a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Able to make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds, measures, marks and scribes’ dimensions and reference points.
- Able to set and use all standard measuring instruments including Micro Hite.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent. Technical or vocational training desired.
- Ability to coach and mentor Machinists at all skill levels.
- 5-10 years’ operating multiple manufacturing machines, including CNC lathe, mill drill, grinding machine, CNC mill machine and deburring. Experience with tool room machining desired.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with substantial acquaintance with and understanding of technical aspects of the job.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructions, the ability to concentrate and the ability to work as part of a team and get along with others.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to attention to detail.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Meet Your Recruiter
Eastern Regional VP