Pueblo Depot Activity,
Job Number: 69038
Pay Rate: $21.94/hr.
The R&D Engineering Technician position is for an individual maintaining a broad range of hands-on machine operating capabilities and basic computer skills. This individual should be capable of working in a laboratory environment, completing basic machining and equipment operations, accurately mixing and measuring chemicals and powders, collecting data and documenting results, and operating high temperature ovens and furnaces.
Primary Responsibilities: Machine Operator
Requirements: Machine Operator
- Provide operations and laboratory support to R&D Engineers as required to meet R&D program objectives
- Complete laboratory-scale material processing, testing and experiments
- Complete basic test sample and development material machining using a band saw, TimeSaver, drill press and other hand machine tools
- Load/unload, operate and monitor high temperature furnaces and ovens
- Accurately weigh, measure and document characteristics of development materials through densification, material application and other material processes
- Transport materials throughout the facility using a pallet jack, Big-Joe and/or fork-lift
- Complete non-destructive and mechanical/thermal properties testing
- Complete basic machining operations on test materials
- Prepare and apply coatings and complete testing/characterization of coated materials
- Complete other laboratory process, test and material development activities as defined by R&D Project Engineers
High School Diploma
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.