Job Number: 68143
Pay Rate: Dependent on Experience
Goose Creek, SC
Client Contract Requires US Citizenship
Salary: Dependent on Experience
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE: Machinist
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, routing instructions, and setup instructions to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Properly select, align, and secure work holding. Must be able to improvise setups using common tooling such as risers, angle plates, etc.
- Monitor and/or develop speed, feed, depth, or angle of cut during machining operations.
- Must observe machine operation to predict or detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining conditions and adjust machine controls as required.
- Verify that all machined features are produced in a manner that customer specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements: Machinist
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of CNC machining experience
- General machining knowledge, shop math, precision measuring instruments, blueprint reading, and GD&T knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong communication skills
- Must have strong ethical values, professional attitude, and confidentiality.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Machinist
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Knowledge of Siemens 840d control
- Knowledge of part probing
- Previous experience machining large components
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.