Job Number: 70001
Manufacturing /Forging Engineer – Albany, OR
The Manufacturing/Forging Engineer leads estimating activities and will plan/perform engineering work including the design of tooling, equipment and modification of processes designed to improve production, ensure conformance to customer specifications and design tooling for our forging and CNC machining facility.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop efficient manufacturing process plans in conjunction with programming, manufacturing, and quality.
- Calculate production costs using established labor rates, material, and processing price estimates.
- Lead cost estimating and project management activity for the company working with customers in the Aerospace, Defense, and other markets.
- Control of production jobs to include financial closure, variance analysis and liaison with manufacturing to report and improve processes with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Effectively lead NPI projects using software such as MS Project.
- Design, fabricate, and test tooling fixtures for various manufacturing and forging processes
- Engineer holding fixtures and cutting tools
- Review and analyze new equipment/machinery specifications
- Provide effective and timely responses to customer engineering changes and requests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree (Mechanical Engineering) from a four-year college or university in Engineering or related discipline.
- One to three years experience in an engineering role within a production manufacturing environment.
- One to three years experience in precision machining: CNC Lathe experience desired
- Experience in hot and cold forging as well as machining operations.
- Working knowledge of forged components, including setup and machine tool operation.
- Working knowledge of engineering drawings, bills of material, and process specifications
- Working knowledge of tooling requirements for forging and machine shop applications
- Working knowledge of MS Office software with an emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to read blue prints, drawings, configuration and all documents to meet internal and customer requirements
- Familiarity with relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics
- Excellent analysis, time management, organization, and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Able to travel occasionally for business as needed.
- DoD clearance highly desired
- Familiar with CAD and CAM software including SolidWorks.
- Experience with both open and closed die hot & cold forging.
- Experience in quoting run time for hot and cold forging as well as machining operations.
- Previous metallurgical experience with Copper, Molybdenum and Tungsten.
- General working knowledge of high temperature and exotic alloys, process specifications, and diverse forging & machining methods.
- Excellent 2D drawing interpretation skills along with a complete understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools and their application to the estimating function
- Estimating experience within aerospace, defense, and/or other industrial markets.
- General working knowledge of ERP & MRP Systems.
Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.