Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract - 1st shift, 5/40
Pay Rate: $55.00 - $60.00/HR.
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K
US Citizenship Required
This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines.
The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASAs regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
Job Description: Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is seeking Mechanical or Equivalent Engineers to design and develop, in a fast-paced environment, the new generation of space exploration equipment including the new xEVAS Space Suits and Lunar Rovers. Candidate will manage delivery of mid to high level complexity research, design, and development of mechanical applications to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and ground test/ mechanical tests. Additionally responsible for the CAD support of design projects and execution of Engineering design changes.
Duties: Mechanical Design Engineer
* Creating Concepts and Presentations thereof,
* Producing Detailed Design Definition sufficient for Detailed Model Creation,
* Performing Preliminary Structural Analysis including Limit, Fatigue and Shock,
* Creating Written Reports to support Requirements Verification such as Structural and Mass Studies.
* Mechanisms Development
* Coordination with specialty engineering and analysis teams such as modeling and simulation, materials, strength, structures, and mechanisms panels
Education Skills & Experience: Mechanical Design Engineer
* We are looking for at least a B.S. Degreed Engineer with at least five years of hands-on experience in Spaceflight/Aerospace Hardware Design especially involving NASA programs, Life Sciences and/or Space Suit experience preferred.
* Equivalent experience will be considered if it involves detailed design and structural analysis of components.
*CREO and WINDCHILL experience helpful but not required.
* Experience in an AGILE Program environment is a plus.
* Experience with NASA-STD- 5017 and designing for lunar thermal, radiation, and dusty environments are both a huge plus!
* Although this position is Hybrid, it is expected that most working hours will be spent ONSITE in the Houston office.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.