Job Number: 68227
Shift: 1st, 9/80
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Pay Rate: $56.94/Hr.
Benefits: medical, dental, 401K
*Work is remote but must support periodic onsite activities at client's Minneapolis facility
JOB DESCRIPTION: Mechanical Engineer
SKILLS: Mechanical Engineer
- Researches, plans, analyzes, designs, and develops mechanical products such as ammunition handling systems, structures, gun systems, missile launchers, mechanisms, and other devices.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, and evaluation of moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documents, models, and test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- May deliver technical presentations related to production support activities.
- Provide design & manufacturing production support for U.S. Navy Vertical Launching Systems & Canister products.
- Reduce to practice innovative payload support mechanism development design concepts with team to 3D CAD model.
- Present weekly Change Notices to Material Review Board (MRB) including end item mechanical & electrical component selection.
- Function as Technical point of contact (POC) on government contracts for Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) & Notice of Revisions.
- Create & maintain product parts, assemblies & drawings using PTC Creo Parametric 4.0 M080 modeling software.
- Provide Production support from shop floor development through full scale production, and processed MRB (NCs, CAs, etc.).
- Collaborate with Suppliers, Procurement, Quality, Operations, and Electricians on design & manufacturing issues.
- Performs complex engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project.
- Solves moderately complex engineering problems which have not been clearly defined and may not have similar precedents available.
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies wide range of engineering design and analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a complex portion of a technical project.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering disciplines, industry practices, trends, and applications
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules.
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Mechanical Engineer
- Education Requirements: B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline (typically mechanical or aerospace engineering) plus 4 years relevant experience
- Must have working knowledge of creating moderately complex solid models and mechanical designs using CAD systems, preferable PTC Pro-E or CREO.
- Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to obtain a security clearance up to Secret Level.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Mechanical Engineer
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Experience with Root Mean Cause Failure Analysis
- Experience in military product production environment
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- years' work experience
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Mechanical Engineer
- Ability to perform hands on work in solving production related issues.
- OT Expected: no
- Travel: yes, 10%
- Travel Description: 1 trip for 2-3 days per quarter primarily to Aberdeen SD
- Per diem eligible: yes
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.