Job Number: 67542
Newport News, VA
$38.48 - $50.63/hr
The position will support Hydrodynamics calculations and analysis.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Education & Experience: Mechanical Engineer
Special Requirements: Mechanical Engineer
- 5 Years with bachelor's in science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. (Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program.)
Preferred Qualifications: Mechanical Engineer
- Looking for someone experienced in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Our client requires that candidates must have an active/current DoD Secret Personnel Clearance (PCL) to start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical responsibilities include: Mechanical Engineer
- Master's degree
- Experience with StarCCM+, OpenFoam
- Experience in C/C++, Java, Matlab, Python
- Experience with turbulence and multiphase flows
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience using high performance computing systems (HPCs)
- Familiarity with manipulation and processing of large datasets
- CAD software literacy for model cleanup and meshing
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Grid generation for complex internal/external geometries
- Develop, apply, and validate CFD solutions
- Develop design of experiments
- Use critical thinking skills for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Informal and formal report generation
- Validation and verification of new or improved software.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.