Job Number: 67255
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Location: San Jose CA
JOB DESCRIPTION: Mechanical Engineer
SKILLS: Mechanical Engineer
- Our client is one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Mechanical Engineer to support our Combat Vehicles programs.
- The position will be located out of San Jose California in the Mechanical Engineering group.
- In this role, candidate will perform technical drawing updates and prepare change notices (NORs/ADCNs) to support Technical Drawing Package (TDP) updates for the Bradley Fighting vehicle.
- Have good understanding on mechanical integrations, system integration and production support.
- Familiarity with tracked combat vehicles specifically the Bradley Fighting Vehicle a plus.
- Familiarity with radio integration, LRU integration, antenna integration, cable routing, stowage, FEA analysis, technical writing (ECP summaries), development of integration provisions (e.g. bracket design development) and cross functional interaction (between production assurance (QA), Materials, Welding).
- Candidate will at all times promote and maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with all safety rules of the company.
SKILLS PREFERRED: Mechanical Engineer
- Must be experienced using CREO or similar CAD software
- Must be organized and have excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter that takes ownership of tasks and drives them to completion
- Good engineering analytical skills.
- Have understanding of and ability to apply GD&T to drawings
- Experience analyzing bolted joints
- Experience performing tolerance analyses,
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Mechanical Engineer
- Experience with PTC CREO (>2 yrs) creating models and drawings
- Familiar with military vehicles
EDUCATION: Mechanical Engineer
- 2 years minimum experience in related engineering field
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Shift: 9/80
- OT Expected: yes
- Travel: 10%