Job Number: 70496
Position Type: CNC Programmer
Location: Wellington, KS
Hourly rate: $50.00
Contractor benefits: Medical, vision, Dental, 401k
Plans, creates, verifies and revises machine control data and documentation that direct the operation for multi-axis numerically controlled machines and robots required to manufacture and inspect complex parts and tools.
- Perform tests, inspections and verifications in line with the requirements of the specific engineering area.
- Provides numerical control, machining and programming technical expertise to cross-functional engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Establishes technical requirements for manufacturing and producibility.
- Plans, guides and facilitates the development and integration of new machining techniques and manufacturing methods or inspection techniques, processes and software.
- Continuously improves the quality of manufacturing processes.
- Develops processes and procedures for new machines and products.
- Is able to work independently without assistance from other Programmers.
- Support root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Support the development of technical solutions to problems.
- Provide technical input to Engineering activities. Participate in positive, team relationships with internal co-workers.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECRET CLEARANCE
- 3 years programming aerospace machinery for manufacturing of metallic and or composite structural components, which includes hands-on working knowledge with Catia V5 and Vericut.
- Associates degree in cnc programming, engineering, or equivalent, OR 5 years of cnc programming experience, in lieu of degree
- Possess applicable professional qualifications and/or technical background.
- Be able to receive and act on instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Possess good communication skills and understanding of why they are important.
- Be able to perform manual tasks in an engineering laboratory or test facility.
- Perform well as member of a team.
- Be fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
Must be U.S. Person for purposes of Export Compliance.