60% - Plan, develop, initiate and maintain processes for the fabrication of advanced composite parts. Create detailed work instructions, procedures, PFMEAs, and JSAs that meet design, process, quality, safety, and environmental requirements. Provide shop floor support of advanced composite manufacturing processes.
30% - Provide technical guidance and/or training to shop floor, design and management teams. Analyze engineering drawings and specifications in support of developing robust and advanced part and tooling designs. Interface with all of the related support groups for processes to ensure accuracy, control and safety of the personnel and quality of the hardware.
5% - Perform investigations of nonconforming hardware and implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
5% - Present fabrication processes at customer readiness reviews and present process changes to customers at change board meetings.
- Compression molding with rubber, molding compounds strongly desired
- Hand layup and cure of insulation and other materials is strongly desired
- Surface preparation for primary substrates to bond rubber or composite is desired
- Autoclave programming and operation is a plus
- Experience with operation and programming of Digital Cutting Tables is a plus Composite machining and CNC programming:
- Strong GD&T background supporting part validation
- CAD modeling experience
- CNC mills and lathes programming
- Experience machining complex parts using CNC and manual machines
- Machining composite materials
- Experience with digital cutting tables
- Operation and programming of robots and CMM is a plus
- UG-NX experience desired Filament Wind, Layup and Cure:
- Experience laying up composite parts and samples by hand required
- Programming and operation of 4 or 5 axis filament wind machines is required
- Programming and operation of composite cure ovens strongly desired
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Aero Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline plus at least (5) years of related experience in one or more of the following Composite Manufacturing Engineering disciplines (or an equivalent combination of education and experience): Insulation Layup, Molding and Cure
- Occasional travel maybe required to support suppliers or other manufacturing sites.
- Occasional off-shift and weekend work required to support manufacturing schedules.
Requires U.S. Citizenship or status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat.
May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.