Portable Metrology Engineering Technologist
Contract to Hire
Shift: 1st, Standard
Hours: 6:00 AM to 2:30PM
Pay Rate: $42.35/Hr.
Benefits: overtime*, medical, dental, 401K
*Estimated OT Hours/Week: 10
Job Description: Portable Metrology Engineering Technologist
Our client's, Pennsylvania site, is seeking a Portable Metrology Engineering Technologist. In this role, the Engineering Technologist will work under the direction of the Quality Manager conducting laser inspection and dimensional report generation primarily for fixtures and combat vehicle structures in support of various military programs (i.e. AMPV, M88, Bradley, ACV, M109A7, M992A3 and etc.). • Generating detailed reports of data for Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality; • Conducting laser inspections of new design installations for integration into manufacturing; • Performing inspection tasks for new designs and design changes with laser data; • Interfacing with Design Engineering, Program Management, Quality, and Manufacturing to address product issues; • Creating and delivering quality inspection plans and reports that provide data to Manufacturing and customers; • Reviewing laser data and developing preventative action plans; • Retrieving quality data and communicating results and statuses to internal and external customers; • Developing corrective action plans as necessary.
Skills Required: Portable Metrology Engineering Technologist
• Must have a comprehensive understanding and the ability to apply quality assurance principles, theories, and concepts in the field;
• Skilled in providing consistent, technical solutions to a wide range of problems and issues;
• Ability to seek out and present alternative, imaginative solutions to more challenging problems.
• Basic understanding of GD&T to complete inspections.
• Must be able to work first shift 6:00 AM to 2:30PM
• Experience working with FARO Edge ARMS and Laser Tracking machines strongly preferred, however candidates familiar with these instruments &/or have experience working with similar tools will be considered;
• Experience working with software that interfaces with portable metrology equipment. Strong preference with working knowledge of Polyworks, but will also consider experience with other software packages.
• Computer literacy to include MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Skills Preferred: Portable Metrology Engineering Technologist
• Experience working in a DOD manufacturing environment.
• Experience using Polyworks or related inspection software.
• Basic understanding of GD&T.
Education Required: Portable Metrology Engineering Technologist
• BS Degree, or
• Associates Degree and 2 years of working experience, or
• High School or the equivalent and 8 years of working experience
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.