Precision Mechanical Inspector
Contract to Hire
Shift: 1st, 4/10
Hours: Mon-Thu, typically 5:30AM-4:00PM
Pay Rate: $29.17/Hr.
Benefits: overtime*, medical, dental, vision, 401K
*Estimated OT Hours/Week: 5 hours
US Citizenship Required
1. Works from blueprints, drawings, process sheets, engineering change orders, and written and verbal instruction to inspect mechanically complex parts, subassemblies and assemblies against required quality standards (i.e., hardness, thickness, painting, plating, etc.).
2. Utilizes a full range of precision tools and special purpose instrumentation such as dial indicators, optical comparators, and coordinate measuring machines to measure dimension where tolerances may be exacting and parts are intricate in nature. Performs complex calculations to determine angles, tolerances, dimensions and other specified measurements.
3. Identifies defects and calculates defect rates against specified control limits. Inspects and tests parts, subassemblies and assemblies after rework, modifications or repairs to verify defects have been corrected and ensure continuity to drawings, prints, etc.
4. Devises alternative methods of holding and setting up work for inspection where existing procedures and tools cannot be applied.
5. Applies inspection stamp for acceptability of mechanical parts, subassemblies and assemblies. Performs final inspection prior to customer acceptance to ensure end product meets customer requirements.
6. Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues and problem resolution.
7. May conduct quality audits to confirm processes are being accurately completed. May perform field return evaluations to ensure returns are repaired within quality guidelines.
8. May work with machinists or engineers to determine set up procedures or perform special evaluations as requested.
9. Assists in the training of lower-level inspectors.
10. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Requires a High School / GED or Trade School education and a minimum of two (2) years mechanical inspection or related machining experience.
Must demonstrate a proficiency in trigonometry and geometry and meet applicable certification requirements per company and customer standards.
Must have working knowledge of GD&T.
Must have working knowledge and how to interpret blueprint and drawings.
Typically a High School Diploma and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.