Job Number: 70656
Pay Rate: $60.71/hr
Principal Systems Admin
Provide IT systems administration in a heterogeneous Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
Main functions: Principal Systems Admin
Required Skill Sets: Principal Systems Admin
- Understanding and knowledge of Windows Server internals or Linux fundamentals to include DNS, DHCP, AD, and server replication methods.
- Working as a team member in a fast-paced technological environment. Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a moderate to high scope and complexity to include the integration of hardware and operating systems (OS).
- Understanding of data RAID, data backup uses and technologies. Install and configure software applications requested by end users.
- Work with Cybersecurity professionals to maintain security requirements and provide documentation and training on advanced IT processes and procedures and other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification) within 6 months of start date.
- Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours.
- Travel required to other US Domestic locations as business needs dictate up to 10% travel.
- Must have strong Windows and Linux experience.
- Our client requires that candidates must have an active/current DoD Secret Personnel Clearance (PCL) to start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- 5+ years of experience with some but not limited to, the following technologies: Active Directory, WSUS, VMware, Veeam, AWS, MySQL, Remote Desktop Gateway, and Netwrix, Windows or Linux systems administration, networking administration experience or Mac OS experience, backup, and recovery enterprise suites.
- Experience Server architectures and troubleshooting methods and be able to assist in developing solutions and documentation to a variety of technical problems.
- Ability to obtain required Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification) within 6 months of hire date.
Desired Skill Sets: Principal Systems Admin
- VMware highly desired.
- Direct working experience with NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DFARS and/or DoD/RMF.
- In-depth working experience in Windows and Linux Server.
- Experience with data storage, NAS, and SAN technologies and solutions.
- Experience with using Information Technology project lifecycle management processes.
- Experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, and ESX and/or other virtual computing methods.
- Experience supporting engineers in software, simulations, and hardware development.
- Experience with Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, and/or Exchange.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) experience in a Linux environment.
- Scripting Experience.
Basic Qualifications: Principal Systems Admin
- Typically requires bachelors degree and minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience or a masters degree and minimum of 3 years of prior relevant experience or in lieu of a bachelors degree minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or associate degree and minimum 7 years of relevant experience is required.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.