Printed Circuit Board Layout Designer
Shift: 1st, 5/40
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Pay Range: $27.81 - $48.15/Hr.
Benefits: medical, dental, 401K
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Printed Circuit Board Layout Designer
* Comply with company standards and standard work and policies
* Work on new designs as well as maintaining and updating old designs
* Setup PCB Layout criteria per the electrical engineer's requirements, i.e., board outline, part placement, mounting arrangement, layer strategy and understand the design goals, requirements and constraints
* Perform DFM checks to maintain manufacturability
* Work with mechanical designers on controller assembly packaging by providing 3D models from the Allegro tools
* Collaborate and contribute value to engineering design reviews
* Provide all required fabrication and assembly files per company standards
* Interact with our contract manufacturers on any board related issues that occur
* Testing of future ECAD tool releases
* Improve and update PCB design standards
*Reports to: Sr. Manager, Engineering Services
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Printed Circuit Board Layout Designer
* 5+ years relevant experience
* Experience designing for power electronics, analog signal processing, high speed communication, A/D and D/A boards
* Knowledgeable in routing for mixed signals, high voltage, or high current PCBs
* Basic understanding of signal integrity issues, crosstalk, coupling etc.
* Demonstrate an ability to interpret basic design intent from schematics
* Knowledge of PCB design best practices and IPC design standards
* Proficiency with Cadence Allegro version 17.4 ECAD tools
* Working knowledge of all types of electronic components, and electronic circuits theory
* Critical thinker with ability to systematically approach and solve problems.
* Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, agile thinker, who excels at working collaboratively in a team environment
* Highly effective communicator
* Proficiency using personal computers/workstations and Microsoft Office applications.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Printed Circuit Board Layout Designer
* Degree in Electronics Technology or related field
* Certified IPC Designer, CID, CID+
* Knowledge of industry standards such as IPC-7351, IPC-2221, etc
* Thorough knowledge of PCB manufacturing processes and limitations
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.