Job Number: 68695
Pay Rate: Pay Rate: $43.49/hr
Production Control Planner
Contract to Hire position
Shift: 1st, 9/80
Hours: 6:30am - 4:00pm
Pay Rate: $43.49/hr
Benefits: overtime, medical, dental, 401K
JOB DESCRIPTION: Production Control Planner
SKILLS: Production Control Planner
- Works under the general Guidance of the Prototype SR Planner and is responsible for all planning and scheduling of manufactured and/ or supplier provided parts through the Oracle Material requirements Planning (MRP) system to support manufacturing and integration of prototype hardware.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts.
- Provides direction to Material coordinators.
- Familiar with a variety of the organizational concepts, practices and procedures as well as a complete understanding of prototype material planning and control.
- This position relies on experience and judgment to organize, plan and accomplish department objectives with a wide degree of creativity and latitude to fulfill a variety of duties.
- Reviews and analyzes inputs to include but not limited to Engineering Order Requests (EORs).
- Completes activities required to fulfill customer expectations to include creating part masters, creating/ manipulation BOM / order bills, developing/ initiating part acquisitions (make, buy. Transfer, GFM and control strategies as well as shipping of components.
- Assists process engineers, integration team and Hardware Project Manager to structure indented aas planneda BOMs to align with master scheduling and enable correct component due dates.
- Prevents anticipated shortages by utilizing shortage established planning report and shortage reports. (i.e. expediting, material transfers, substitutions etc.)
- Reviews and/ analyzes system MRP/ERP and other outputs and on line screens to determine valid requirements taking into consideration excess on hand/ work in process (WIP) material.
- Evaluates component lead-times and resolves out of sync lead times with manufacturing.
- Monitors and maintains due dates to ensure validity.
- Assists in re-negotiating due dateas expectations with internal customers to ensure on time delivery of product.
- Coordinates and maintains as built configuration through the use of established Engineering change management tools.
SKILLS PREFERRED: Production Control Planner
- Knowledge of Blueprint reading, material requirements planning, processes and concepts.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Good planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Proficiency in use of word processing, spreadsheet and database development programs such as Word, Excel, Business Objects and Access.
- Ability to make decisions using sound ethical judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.,
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Production Control Planner
- Certain positions may require a specific degree and/or concentration or have a preference for an advanced degree in a related area.
- Prefer experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to details.
- Communication- ability to communicate with Engineers to talk about drawings and BOM/ECO's with Planners.
- Experience in Defense Industry Bill of Materials/ TDP and Documentation used for changes preferred.
- Oracle ERP Software Experience specifically in Planner role: creation of discrete jobs, purchase requisitions, Master Items, Bills of Materials (Bills 3X), checking material requirements, creating material requirements on Discrete Jobs, checking Supply/Demand, understanding how to build a work order structure that mirrors and supports vehicle BOM structure.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Production Control Planner
- Previous Experience in Material supply and shop floor manufacturing processes.
EDUCATION: Production Control Planner
- Previous experience using Oracle MRP and Engineering Order Requisition or Master Service Agreement tools.
- 2 or more years' experience in BOM management preferred.
- Experience using EPDM system.
EDUCATION PREFERRED: Production Control Planner
- 8+ Years relevant experience with High School Degree or
- 4+ Years relevant experience with Associates Degree or
- 2+ Years relevant experience with Bachelors Degree or
- 0+ Years relevant experience with Masters degree
- Certifications in Material Planning
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.