Job Number: 68072
Our client manufactures complex aerostructure components of commercial, business and military aircraft worldwide. We specialize in complex, structural and mechanical assemblies, machined components, and sheet metal fabrication.
We currently have an immediate need for a Materials Production Planner. This role is responsible for developing the raw material and production scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules to plan and facilitate the logistical movement for material between purchasing, receiving and production. This position will also coordinate lead times and manage schedules through the use of a MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system, Epicor.
- Identifies common raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications. Ensure master schedules and bill of materials items are accurate.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Confirms materials supply is available to meet demand. Prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates material movements between internal work and storage areas and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
- Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders and/or stock transfers to meet customer shipping dates.
- Projects hardware availability for assembly build schedule update and development of monthly sales plan objectives.
- Coordinates cross-functional activities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Contract Administration to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information regarding status and priorities.
- Assists management in resolving problems concerning over-shipments, shortages, engineering changes and cancellation of orders.
- Analyze business process gaps and identify solution alternatives and guidance to close identified gaps.
- Provide functional support for master data governance and mater data trouble-shooting for the MRP area.
- Develop, maintain and report metrics surrounding the MRP function.
- Successful candidates typically have the following skills, experience, and background:
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Operations Management, Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred
- 7-10 years' experience in Manufacturing - Aerospace manufacturing would be ideal
- Effective computer skills including proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience using ERP/MRP systems. Epicor preferred.
- Working knowledge and application of Capacity Planning, Demand Management, Inventory Management and Optimization, Master Product Scheduling, Materials Replenishment Planning, and Shop Floor Execution.
- Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, presentation abilities, as well as interpersonal skills to include conflict management and ability to collaborate.
- Excellent ability to plan, organize, manage competing priorities, make decisions, problem solve and trouble shoot issues.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k match
- Education assistance programs
- Paid vacation