Job Number: 68591
Pay Rate: Pay Rate:Â Â 30.85/hr.
San Dimas CA
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Pay Rate: 30.85/hr.
Benefits: medical, dental, 401K
Description/Comment: Production Planner
Responsibilities include: Production Planner
- Our client is among the largest domestic suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense sensing instrumentation.
- We design, develop, manufacture and support sophisticated sensors and analytical instruments for space, defense, and homeland security applications.
- Our major products are space instruments, atmospheric monitors, and chemical/biological detection systems.
- San Dimas is seeking a highly motivated Senior Planner to drive, release, move, and track production and overhaul/repair work orders throughout the planning and shop floor process.
- Compile and status material shortages and prioritize work activities within various work cells to meet customer needs.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of an MRP/ERP system and have required planning skills.
- Background in the manufacturing of mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies are a plus.
Education / Certifications: Production Planner
- Coordination and status of manufacturing requirements, movement, and daily activities with the manufacturing supervisor for assigned programs.
- Interface with Program, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering organizations to ensure customer committed hardware and data deliveries are consistently tracked and achieved.
- Coordinate with quality, engineering, and stock room personnel to implement material changes as required.
- Participate in relentless root cause corrective actions (RRCAs).
- Manage work in process (WIP) to ensure work orders are processed and prioritized according to customer shipment requirements.
- Generate and coordinate all information and any documents required for hardware shipments.
- Manage and control the delivery schedules for designated programs.
Experience / Qualifications: Production Planner
- Minimum high school diploma and 10+ years experience or
- Bachelors degree and 8+ years of experience
- APICS Certification a plus.
- Experience within an operations organization or interfacing with Operations organization on a recurring basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently with accountability.
- Experience in manufacturing, material planning, and government programs are key traits of the successful candidate
- Familiarity with SAP and/or other MRP systems
- Drive Continuous Improvement projects through ACE, 6 Sigma, and other Lean Manufacturing processes
- Strong computer skills specifically in using MS Office products is highly desired, MS Project is a plus.
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to convey effective direction using written and verbal skills.
- Position will require frequent interface with various internal customers and will be the tactical Operations point of contact for assigned programs
- Focus/ability to set priories and work independently
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Adaptability to change in a fast-moving environment Candidate should have the ability to apply for and obtain a US Government DoD Security Clearance if required.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.