Job Number: 71275
Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: $63.36/Hr.
Benefits: overtime, medical, dental, vision, 401K
Requirements: Project Manager
Required Skills: Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Project Management, Business Development, Finance, or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight (8) years relevant program management experience to include managing cross-functional teams to deliver commitments, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehension - ability to understand problems and to collaborate to explore identification of solutions.
- Organization - ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term, and/or long-term basis, both for self and others
- Reasoning & Decision Making - ability to prioritize work projects and requirements; ability to develop concepts, plans, and work schedules and communicate them to others, and/or to subordinate employees.
- Communication - regular requirements to use written and oral communication skills; interact with managers, staff, co-workers, and others encountered in the course of work; ability to compose materials such as detailed reports and work-related documents and communicate substantively about them either verbally or in writing; communicate interactively and make presentations effectively.
- Mathematics - ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical and/or statistical data for reporting purposes.
Job Description: Project Manager
- Positive attitude,
- Team-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Fluent in scheduling tools,
- critical path analysis,
- schedule risk assessments,
- schedule mitigation strategies.
- Risk, opportunity, and cost management.
The Program Manager will maintain a symbiotic relationship with the project’s Ship Manager, working together to support the project overall, and develop solutions that ensure we are performing safely, at the requisite level of quality, on schedule, and on cost. The Program Manager will work with multiple departments and processes to support program efforts across the entire repair team to support work execution, problem solving, planning, and process improvement. Will lead and facilitate teams through issues proactively across multiple departments.
Performance for this position will be evaluated based on the success of the overall availability. Performance will be measured against predetermined safety, quality, schedule, and cost standards.
Program Managers will report directly to the Director of Programs.
Responsibilities: Project Manager
Preferred Education and Experience: Project Manager
- Responsible for the successful execution of programs during pre-production, production, and avail closeout phases.
- Hold all departments accountable for meeting schedule and cost goals throughout the duration of each project.
- Maintain/develop our current Lifecycle Management System, through the use of the Earned Value Management System and daily observation of each project.
- Work with the logistics, procurement, and materials team to communicate project demands for materials in alignment with the schedule.
- Review quality key performance indicators to evaluate and identify opportunities for improvement across all trades working on project (Craft and Non-Craft)
- Monitor and manage the Change Process across all departments; monitor incoming change from our customers, ensure change is processed quickly and accurately through our contracts/sub-contracts team, ensure change is quickly incorporated and funded into our integrated schedule, monitor successful execution within production.
- Monitor TIP/OQE completion to support project quality requirements and schedule goals.
- Monitor cost and schedule performance across all departments; evaluate performance weekly and develop mitigation plans with Ships Management teams as required.
- De-conflict subcontractor issues as required (along with Ship Manager), in alignment with overall schedule goals.
- Work with Ship Managers to develop area management plans prior to the start of production (work strategy, sequencing, temp services arrangements, etc.) with the facilities, planning, and production teams and support departments; Ship Manager to execute once work has begun.
- Exercise judgement in evaluating and proactively anticipating schedule and budget deviations; provide solutions to Ship Manager for resolution.
- Coordinate communication and feedback with customers (IDRs, CFRs, etc.) to resolve technical issues where additional guidance is required (PM operates at MARMC level; SM operates at Ship’s Force level).
- Understand and adhere to NAVSEA Standard Items (Repair) and commercial standards as required.
- Manage conflict in a collaborative working environment.
- Support meetings and tasking as assigned by Director of Programs
- Support other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Government/Commercial New Construction Shipbuilding or Ship Repair experience
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.