Windsor Locks, CT
Shift: 1st, 5/40
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Pay Rate: $48.25/Hr.
Benefits: medical, dental, 401K
*possibility to extend and/or convert to Permanant
US Citizenship Required
Description/Comment: Project Engineer
* Project Engineer - LEO/DoD Sci: This position will assist in driving Integrated Product Development Team efforts in the development and delivery of environmental and life support systems as well as active thermal control systems for both the LEO and DOD & Science value streams. This role will take direction from Senior Integrated Development Team Leaders and Program Chief Engineers.
* Our customers include the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, CA and Johns Hopkins University Advanced Physics Laboratory (JHUAPL) in Laurel, MD with exciting NASA programs including International Space Station, Dragonfly, and the Mars Sample Return Lander.
* The candidate will drive the execution of engineering responsibilities on the program while meeting both internal and external customer expectations. Direct communication with customers will be required - including daily tag-ups, weekly meetings, and quarterly meetings. This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), technical experience, and the ability to work as cross-functional team member.
Responsibilities to Anticipate: Project Engineer
* Manage the planning, execution, and tracking/reporting of all technical aspects of engineering projects. This includes leading efforts of a cross functional engineering team and acting as the key interface between program management and engineering.
* Perform control account manager duties (cost, scope, and schedule), understand Earned Value analysis of cost and schedule metrics.
* Coordinating and leading team meetings, capturing and driving action item closures, and providing updates to management and leadership
* Providing critical evaluation of technical and programmatic tasks, manage scope and tasks across the engineering team, and effectively operate within a matrix environment to manage and identify resource needs.
* Serve as technical point of contact for all aspects of the business (supply chain, operations, manufacturing, ect.)
* Support preventive and corrective action planning and implementation as well as driving failure investigation activities
* Driving issue resolution closures due to assembly, test, and procurement challenges.
* Develop basis of estimates (BOEs) and lead the engineering planning and completion of proposal activities.
Required Education & Experience: Project Engineer
* BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
* MUST have 3+ years of experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Project Engineer
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact with senior levels of management and customer organizations
* Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines in a schedule driven environment
* Strong grasp of all Microsoft Office products and MS Project tools are preferred
* Experience in working and/or leading team projects
* Demonstrated use of enterprise resource planning software (SAP or similar)
* Strong organization skills
* Effective planning and scheduling skills that lead to the completion of proposal efforts in accordance with customer and company requirements
* The ability to work well in teams, with peers, and management
* The ability to follow and apply internal and external regulations and processes for the development of company proposals
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategize longer term projects
* Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.