Job Number: 67026
Pay Rate: 29.90
Position: Project Manager
Location: Windsor Locks CT*
*THIS IS A HYBRID POSITION (80/20 onsite/offsite)
Description/Comment: Project Manager
Basic Qualifications: Project Manager
- Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines.
- Need a Project Engineer to lead Team efforts relative to follow on engineering and production and refurbishment oversight ISS Oxygen Generator Assembly.
- As a Project Engineer you will be immersed in the following activities:
- Coordinating setting team meeting agendas, leading team meetings and driving action item closures
- Team activity scope control, including status and corrective action plans to budget challenges
- Coordination of engineering change activities
- Coordination and driving failure investigation activities
- Driving issue resolution closures due to assembly, test and procurement challenges.
- Ability and desire to become and perform export classifications for the program
- The candidate will drive the execution of all engineering responsibilities on the program while meeting both internal and external customer expectations.
- Direct communication with customers will be required - including daily tag-ups, weekly meetings, and quarterly meetings.
- This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), technical experience, and the ability to work as cross-functional team member.
Education: Project Manager
Skills: Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree and 5years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Prior experience in related Engineering discipline(s).
Additional Job Details: Project Manager
- Experience/familiarity with brazing and welding processes
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategize longer term projects
- Superior interpersonal and influencing skills, including coaching and mentoring of other engineering staff
- Strong computer skills, MS Office
- Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
- Ability to bring team members together and work problems to resolution
- A desire to lead with the purpose of improving IPD Team performance.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Shift: 1st, 8:00am - 5:00pm,