Job Number: 71305
Our client is a boutique design and technology studio with offices in Southern California and Dallas, TX. We are actively looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Orange County team. Working closely with our Project Managers and Developers, you will lead testing efforts on consumer websites and enterprise software. Our clients rely on us for quality and dependability,
and you will help us ensure successful deliveries sprint after sprint. You will be engaged in multiple projects at various stages of development, including planning and delivery. Most (but not all) of our projects are run in an Agile / Scrum fashion with releases every 2 or 4 weeks. The ideal candidate is someone who has never used a website or application they didn’t think
could be made better; someone who enjoys problem solving in a fast-moving, small-team environment but still has the professional experience to work with large clients. Our clients often choose us to work alongside major consulting organizations because of our nimble nature and consistent track record.
We hire people that spot problems and look for solutions; who always take the time to dig a little bit deeper on a bug; who love dreaming up edge cases to test, no matter how far out there they may be; who get antsy when they see things sit on their to-do list too long; who are great tteam players and take their responsibilities seriously as they affect others; who understand that proactive communication is important in team work and a successfully run project; who really like lists and run-on sentences; and who are driven to find better ways to do things. Position is located in Aliso Viejo, CA; only applicants willing to commute to our Aliso Viejo office as part of our hybrid model (set in office work days and work from home days) will be
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
- Collaborate with other members of team to define and present testing strategies, dependencies, and timelines
- Author and maintain ownership of test plans and test cases, with and without formal test case management tools (I.E. TestRail) and if necessary, update functional requirements
- Test websites and software with and without formal test plans or functional requirements across a wide range of mobile and desktop devices and operating systems
- Utilize online testing tools and emulators as needed
- Effectively communicate and document identified issues to developers (using issue tracking software (I.E. JIRA, Azure DevOps))
- Coordinate testing activities across environments, continuously communicating current status to project management, development and design teams
- Define and create regression test criteria and execute those tests (IE regression test) after each release
- Performs verification of issues to ensure said issues persist consistently
- Performs final bug fix verification tests after issues have been resolved
- Actively participate in Scrum ceremonies (or internal and client meetings for projects that are run exclusively Agile).
- Familiarize yourself with ADA / WCAG requirements for websites and test against those criteria
- Regularly review standard usage patterns across different devices, operating systems and browsers and make recommendations for testing needs
- Maintain physical mobile devices and desktop computers for testing, including OS and browser updates
- You have 5-7 years of professional experience in a QA / Testing role
- You have experience working agency / vendor side
- You are able to understand the basics of how a website is architected and can identify the likely source of an issue (e.g. front end code, API, server architecture, etc.)
- You are familiar with Content Management Systems (CMS) (e.g. Contentful, Adobe Experience Manager, Wordpress, Salesforce); understanding how they work and are comfortable testing not only the content managed by the CMS but testing CMS functionality as well.
- You are a proactive communicator; you regularly check in with your team to communicate progress on your work
- You have a sense of design and can identify if something “just doesn’t look right”
- You understand that opinions matter and you aren’t afraid to question things and provide suggestions
- You take a genuine ownership in what you’re testing in that it not only satisfies the requirements, but it also makes the end user’s life easier
- You enjoy puzzles, especially the ones when you have to figure out what’s different between two pictures (that’s huge when it comes to browser testing)
- You’re proactive. When you see something that needs to be done, you take it on without thinking twice
- You are a stickler for detail and love to get the root cause of issues
- You have worked in a Scrum environment before and are familiar with the terminology and ceremonies
- You are able to pivot (and still work effectively) from different styles of project management (Agile, Waterfall, Kanban)
- You have experience using JIRA (and ideally Azure DevOps) for issue management
- You geek out about process and always strive to make the process better (and enjoy being part of the solution)
- You have high standards and are a good team player – after all, we have to work with you
- You are able to maintain a sense of humor under pressure
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.