Job Number: 66277
Quality Engineers support assigned programs spanning the lifecycle of the program including design, development, production, test and supplier support. Working under limited general supervision: Performs and leads external (Supplier) audits for special processes (under Aerojet Rocketdyne or Industry specifications (Example: Coatings, Chemical processing, Heat treat, Material testing, Nonconventional machining, Welding or Nondestructive test methods) and internal command media requirements. Evaluates and assesses the capability of suppliers and subcontractors to maintain their status in the Enterprise Approved Supplier List (ASL); performance of suppliers and the supplier material processing procedures. Assesses and reviews 3rd party data and other audit data to determine health of suppliers and make recommendations to management regarding low performing suppliers. Participate in or lead Kaizen or value stream events to improve SQA processes. Supports initiative to reduce the CoPQ. Participate or leads cause and corrective action activities, failure investigations, metrics creation and quality improvement projects.
- 30% - Utilizes engineering background and expertise to communicate between team members, customer counterparts and suppliers to provide assurance that the hardware is compliant to specifications. Handles and communicates deviations/non-conformances at different levels within the organization. Understands and communicates typical aerospace processes (machining, welding, NDT, etc.) and how they are applied to the hardware being manufactured. Provides a clear and concise flow down of product definition and Quality requirements to Suppliers.
- 20% - Applies modern quality principles, concepts and methods, including Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and process variation management tools to continuously improve processes, mistake proof, reduce cost and ensure the quality of our products and services. Leads Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) efforts to quantify and reduce risk.
- 20% - Requirements Flowdown. Interprets engineering drawings and specifications, customer quality requirements and company quality requirements to ensure compliance with the customer's expectations. Participates in design reviews to identify inspectability and producibility issues and opportunities early in the product life cycle.
- 20% - Drives corrective and preventative action activity both in-house and at the Supplier and provides corrective action board support to manage timely and effective problem closure and recurrence control. Mentors less senior quality engineers. Interfaces with the Material Review Board (MRB) to provide technical justification when a non-conformance to mutually agreed specifications is determined.
- 10% - Prepares comprehensive analyses, procedures, reports and presentations for both internal and external customers.
- a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and at least 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Desired Qualifications: - Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) - Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) - Advanced degree in a related field
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization. Depending on the location of the position, visual certification requirement may apply.
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.