Job Number: 68226
Contract to Hire position
Pay Rate: $35.97/Hr.
Benefits: overtime, medical, dental, 401K
JOB DESCRIPTION: Scheduler
- Scheduler II position to develop, maintain and analyze schedules.
- The Scheduler will plan, track, analyze and report on project schedules of varying size and complexity.
- The Scheduler will provide key support to project and program management efforts, monitoring work flow, coordinating and tracking schedule and identifying key project delivery risks and issues.
- Candidate will develop and resource load schedules using Deltek Open Plan to meet requirements in support of DoD and/or Commercial Contracts.
- The candidate will interact daily with program management team members (Finance, Ship Superintendents, Project Managers, Program Managers, Craft Managers, Safety, and Quality Dept.), Subcontractor management team members and Government customer employees.
- Maintain schedule data across small- and large-scale repair availabilities both US Government and Commercial.
- Develop project schedules using a Work Breakdown Structure, to include predecessors, successors, and dependencies, in order to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion dates.
- Resource load project budgets into the schedule for EVMS tracking.
- Maintain and perform validation of project schedule configurations to meet industry standards for quality health check requirements for status and reporting.
- Perform DCMA health metrics to ensure quality.
- Organize and meet with production and subcontractors to gather status and review impact to key milestones and events.
- Provide project schedule analysis to Project Team, listing critical path activities to key milestones and events, displaying activities that are behind schedule to baseline.
- Ensure compliance with company scheduling procedures to set and maintain baseline schedules.
- Maintain continuous communication with Customer, Project Managers and Project Teams on the progress of the project and schedule.
- Prepare schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects with weekly deliverables.
- Create "what if" scheduling scenarios based on potential new and growth work.
- Ensure that requirements of the safety handbook are properly followed and enforced.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Scheduler
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Rapid Gate
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills -Must have prior scheduling software experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume production environment.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment,
- Must have Microsoft Project, Primavera, or Open Plan experience,
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Scheduler
- Must have Microsoft Project, Primavera, or Open Plan experience.
- PMI-SP Certification Preferred EVMS knowledge
- Preferred U.S. Naval Ship Repair experience desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of work experience or equivalent experience
EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.