Job Number: 66211
Senior/ Specialist Manufacturing Engineers (1st & 2nd Shift)
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens without Dual Citizenship **
- client is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion systems and energetics to space and defense customers. The Los Angeles, California, facility is the company’s headquarters for the Space Business Unit and specializes in the design, fabrication, assembly and testing of hardware for large and small liquid engines that support exploration missions as well as the defense of our nation and allies. The Space Shuttle Main Engine, which successfully powered 135 missions, as well as rocket engines for the Atlas, Delta, Saturn and Thor launch vehicles were all built at the company’s San Fernando Valley facility. In all, rocket engines that were built in the LA area have successfully launched more than 370 astronauts into space and powered more than 2,100 missions. Visit our website at www.rocket.com for more information on how our employees Power the Future. We are looking for experienced Manufacturing Engineers to work either 1st Shift (6am - 3:30pm) or 2nd shift (3pm - 12:30am) at our Los Angeles, California Space HQ campus.
- position will be responsible for mechanical component manufacture, assembly and integration into rocket engine and power systems products. Responsibilities include designing and planning of layout component fabrication, assembly and material handling, planning of sequence of operations, and specification procedures. The scope of responsibility will be for several mechanical components or as a process engineer supporting new and developing process that could be utilized on all programs, with the potential to acquire greater responsibility as performance and experience dictate. Day-to-day responsibilities will include supporting the following:
30% - Developing and Implementing Manufacturing Fabrication and Assembly Processes and Systems. The candidate will assist to develop and implement the process of precision turning operation of complex configurations on a wide range of material types which will include the following: - Determining tooling requirements to safely facilitate optimum positioning of surfaces for machining, cleaning, packaging and protection for the milling process, support and maintain dimensional requirements, determine machine loading, setups, hardware handling instructions and scheduling. - Perform risk assessments to ensure risks to personal and environment is eliminated and risk to hardware and facility is accurately assess and communicated to management. - Determine clean and etching process for a wide variety of materials. - Support design reviews - CDR, CoDR PDR. -
20% - Managing Projects: Assist in managing processes in accordance with the ACE methodology which will include process certification, process improvement methods (e.g. Kaizen, 3P, VSM, etc.) and other Bluebook elements. They will also prepare Basis of Estimates (BOE), develop and defend to management key strategic manufacturing plans, risk assessments and proposals that target customer and business goals; and differentiate between suppliers based on their technical process (Repeatability, Reliability) and business (Reliability, Rates, CSP, ISO compliant) capability.
20% - Welding Support: Develop and implement the process of welding complex configurations on a wide range of material types. Also determine tooling requirements for the welding process, and support and maintain dimensional requirements.
15% - Determining Tight Tolerance Machining: Determine complex design geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) for various machining and measuring methods that meet specifications, tooling and equipment requirements.
- - Develop/Design Support Hardware and Review Engineering Drawings: Utilize design and business software (ProE, CATIA, VisMockup, and/or other similar CAD/virtual manufacturing tools/software, MS Office applications such as Word, Excel) to develop, design, review and fabricate hardware in support of the Operation and enabling support processes, and Engineering customer.
- a Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Technology/Engineering and at least five (5) years' related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Personal skills continuously utilized to execute responsibilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including public speaking.
- Organizational/Multi-tasking skills that enhance value stream flow and ensure product value streams are effective at meeting customer and company goals.
- Team building skills - develop relationships across value stream and enabling department resources to effectively manage product value stream.
- Candidate must be able to thrive in a team environment, work independently, and embrace continuous improvement.
JOB DESCRIPTION EEO Statement Apollo Professional Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.